Coral Vue Hydros

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

Thanks Kat.

My Rainford Goby is making progress. I have lots of pods crawling all over the sand and on the glass, so at least right now there seems to be plenty of food.

p1020278web.jpg

I had a rainfords goby, sadly he starved as he would not eat the algae and my tank was young, likely with too little by way of pods. I fed lots of live brine shrimp but he would spit them out.

When I got my mandarin I stressed for months that he would starve but I was lucky that he was eating frozen when I got him.

I'm literally going through a pod explosion right now, so I got lucky. Quesiton is, will the pod population stay high or will it crash?

Getting a Reefbright 30" Blue/White LED strip light tomorrow, my BuildMyLED light should be here next Wednesday and then the tank will be all LED.

Latest FTS. Find the Rainford.

p1020308web.jpg

Check out the Algae dressed snail on the back wall. It came with a small piece of this attractive leafy green algae that has continues to grow on it's shell.

A quick FTS. My new BuildMyLED is on the back half with a low power AquaticLife BLue/White led strip on the front. I've ordered another dimmable BML fixture, this time a straight mix of RoyalBlue and 6K white which should arrive next week.

p1020369web.jpg

Beautiful tank and wonderful fts! How do you manage to get the purple firefish in that same spot? B) And congrats on keeping the rainfordi alive -- woo hoo!

Ok,

I have both BuildMyLED 24" fixtures now so I wanted to show a few tests I made.

First off the color rendering of their CustomReefSpectrum and one I made with just RoyalBlue and 6500K.

bmlreeflayout.jpg

customreef.jpg

And my RB/6500K combo

bmlrbluewhite.jpg

rb6500k.jpg

Some brightness tests. Keep in mind that these are rather useless since perceived brightness is very different from actual PAR.

Both these are taken with camera at the same aperture and speed. Light is 12 inches away from poster board.

24" T5 - ATI Blue+ and ATI Coral+

lightt5coralblue.jpg

24" BuildMyLED Custom Reef Spectrum

lightbmlcustomreef.jpg

Finally an example of the light spread for the BuildMyLed fixture. I ordered these with 90 degree optics.

bmlspread1.jpg

Before I got home I visited a LFS, not the best one but close to the house. They had this ric, which I think is a Yuma? Can anyone ID this?

20lric011913.jpg

20lric021913.jpg

I also wanted to get a pink of my tiny piece of Pink Birdsnest. Notice how it's starting to encrust around the base, and new branches are developing.

20lpinkbirdsnest1913.jpg

I like this tank a lot Mark!

Ha, thanks!

Pretty pretty!

Are all of these latest batch raw? I think I need to start taking mine raw, I'm always tweaking them later anyways. Maybe tomorrow, it's already lights out for tonight.

In order of appearance

Nice knuckle

Nice Yuma

That bird seems bleached

:huh:

Huge pictures! :)

Thanks, hand model I am not. :)

The bird might be bleached but it will be a very intense pink if it gets healthy. I've dimmed my new LED lights now, so we'll see if it changes anything.

Big rescape, I call this the de-rubble. I removed all of the small pieces of rubble I could get too, opening up a large area in front and really giving it a much better look, IMO anyway. By the time I finished only the rear LED was on so I snapped this lower light pic just to show the new scape, and this killer blasto frag I bought at that new LFS I mentioned earlier. I'm on a war against green. Orange!

2013011020fts.jpg

orangeblasto01.jpg

I like it! :)

Thanks Mark! :)

Here's a FTS with all the lights on the the dust settled.

2013011220ftssmall.jpg

Full size giant image: http://imageshack.us/a/img846/8800/2013011220fts.jpg

I did add one more new coral yesterday. Our local club board had someone post a Rainbow Monti for sale and come to find out he lives about 4 blocks from me. We met in a Walgreens parking lot and he gave me a small paper bag in exchange for some cash. I tried to act as suspicious as possible.

rainbowmonti01.jpg

And for those interested, here's what two BuildMyLED lights look like on top of the 20. Very sleek fixtures, and I ordered both with dimmers so I don't fry everything in the tank.

2013011120lights.jpg

Beautiful monti, will complement the tubbs zoas you have.

I usually meet people in starbucks when I am selling frags and I make a great show of pointing out everything in the bags. One time I did a frag to go order, the guy pulled up to the curb and we did the old money exchange paper bag thing. I don't think I will be doing that again because after he sped off with the damn bag, I was left holding the money and no proof. :o