ReefCleaners.org

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

Hi, Mark.

For some reason, none of your pics are loading and when I click on them, I got a "sorry, we're not available" message on the imageshack site. just letting you know! may be nothing in the end.

Hi, Mark.

For some reason, none of your pics are loading and when I click on them, I got a "sorry, we're not available" message on the imageshack site. just letting you know! may be nothing in the end.

Imageshack mentioned today they had issues. Hopefully it's all back to normal. Thanks for letting me know!

New FTS, placed my Alveopora in front and kicked the leather to the back.

p101072220ftsweb.jpg

I really like this Alveopora.

p1010726web.jpg

• Like 3

The AC110 lights are working better that I hoped they would.

p1010734web.jpg

p1010736web.jpg

Time to harvest.

Latest FTS. I added 2 new larger rocks and moved some things around in anticipation for some new arrivals this afternoon. I also removed a LOT of bubble algae. In addition my Flame Angel has been moved back to my 40, even though it does occasionally pick at the birdsnest. The Firefish was hiding all the time and not eating and I'm not willing to give up the Flame Angel so I will just have to adjust. This leaves just the Firefish, Neon Goby, Peppermint Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, and my snail crew. I may leave it like this.

p1010758webe.jpg

You can't see it from this angle but this provides a nice bridge case and some additional lower light areas. I moved the leather so it will be upset for another day or so. I had to remove the hammer from it's rock which was infected with bubble algae so bad cleaning it was not something I wanted to do. I accidentally broke a branch off while removing it. That branch is now in my 40 while the remaining is here, and not very happy yet.

A few closeups.

p1010772web.jpg

p1010764web.jpg

Unknown Mushroom on a rock with unknown Zoas or Pallys

p1010759web.jpg

p1010761web.jpg

Edited by markalot
The AC110 lights are working better that I hoped they would.

Latest FTS. I added 2 new larger rocks and moved some things around in anticipation for some new arrivals this afternoon. I also removed a LOT of bubble algae. In addition my Flame Angel has been moved back to my 40, even though it does occasionally pick at the birdsnest. The Firefish was hiding all the time and not eating and I'm not willing to give up the Flame Angel so I will just have to adjust. This leaves just the Firefish, Neon Goby, Peppermint Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, and my snail crew. I may leave it like this.

p1010758webe.jpg

You can't see it from this angle but this provides a nice bridge case and some additional lower light areas. I moved the leather so it will be upset for another day or so. I had to remove the hammer from it's rock which was infected with bubble algae so bad cleaning it was not something I wanted to do. I accidentally broke a branch off while removing it. That branch is now in my 40 while the remaining is here, and not very happy yet.

It all looks so nice. I love this tank, especially all the softies that flow gracefully in the current. :)

It all looks so nice. I love this tank, especially all the softies that flow gracefully in the current. :)

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. Now I need to keep my hands out and let it grow.

... but not until I added these Magician Palys from Pacific East Aquaculture. 2 heads plus a baby.

webp1010800.jpg

and i was finally able to get a sharp photo of my Purple Firefish.

webp1010807.jpg

I also took a small broken piece off my birdsnest and mounted it to the big center rock, and moved my orange montipora frag from the 40 to here.

Edited by markalot
Very nice Mark.

Thanks!

Updated FTS. From this point on I'm going to try and avoid any more major changes and just let stuff grow out.

* click to view full size image *

p1010867web.jpg

Find the Neon Goby! ;)

Edited by markalot

Lol, correct! Took me forever to find him. Thanks for stopping by.

So I have a frogspawn (branching) very near a Grape Cristata (same family). Is everything in the same family immune to stings from other members, or is it a crap shoot?

Obviously branching hammer + branching frogspawn + cristada are going to be size issues down the road.

jedimasterben
Lol, correct! Took me forever to find him. Thanks for stopping by.

So I have a frogspawn (branching) very near a Grape Cristata (same family). Is everything in the same family immune to stings from other members, or is it a crap shoot?

Obviously branching hammer + branching frogspawn + cristada are going to be size issues down the road.

Hammers, frogspawns, and cristatas are all fine together (and you're a lucky you-know-what for finding a cristata for sale!), but torches will sting other euphyllias and should be kept to themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Dec 6th, 2012 FTS

* click for full size image *

p1010950web.jpg

The Neon goby has found a home in the new holy rock.

Various Pics

p1010951web.jpg

p1010964web.jpg

p1010963web.jpg

p1010952web.jpg

Thanks Mark. Some things don't look as good as they did a few weeks ago. Hmmm. I'm kind of paranoid due to what happened in the 40, but trying not to react on this tank. Both the birdsnest and what looks like a bleached green slimer, with nice green polyps, are doing quite well. Mushrooms not as well, but that might be a nutrient drop. Xenia are scaring the hell out of me.

Hi Mark. Your tank looks great. I especially like the picture of the blue zoas. Are they that blue in reality or is it the picture? Why is the Xenia scarry? I think it looks wonderful.

Hi Mark. Your tank looks great. I especially like the picture of the blue zoas. Are they that blue in reality or is it the picture? Why is the Xenia scarry? I think it looks wonderful.

Thanks!

They are that blue, an abandoned frag at a local LFS under bad lights, they looked interesting but not that good. I really lucked out.

The Xenia is doubling in size every week. If I don't start to trim it will take over the tank. It's probably keeping my Nitrates in check, as well as the cheato, but the rate of growth is not something I'm comfortable with. :)

Thanks for dropping by!

Edited by markalot
Hi there, are daisy polyps prolific breeders?

Yes, very, but they don't seem to disturb what they grow in or over. They don't mat, instead they send runners over or through. They're on and in the sympodium, for example, and it's not bothered by them.

Yes, very, but they don't seem to disturb what they grow in or over. They don't mat, instead they send runners over or through. They're on and in the sympodium, for example, and it's not bothered by them.

I have 2 polyps as HH on a coral that I got recently. I am wondering now if I should nuke them. On the other hand if they can live in low light I might just have places I would like them to grow,

Thanks!

Updated FTS. From this point on I'm going to try and avoid any more major changes and just let stuff grow out.

* click to view full size image *

p1010867web.jpg

Find the Neon Goby! ;)

Sweet! I loved looking at the bigger version. Just love the look of a long tank, and your purple firefish is gorgeous!