ReefCleaners.org

MY ACAN FAMILY

chabooky386

I just got some corals in last night from MACNA. A fellow reefer spotted some nice ones there and took some back to houston for me. I picked these bad boys up and they are my first set of acans. Never had any before and slowly grew to really like them. The colors are quite nice but, I haven't got a chance to see them much since I went straight to the office today. Is there any suggestions on best placement for them? I am running 2 MP10's and AI SOL's in my 20 gallon long. Right now they are nestled on the bottom front of my tank. And, what is the normal growth rate on them?

post-71617-1349200626_thumb.jpg

Light/moderate flow and moderate lighting. If fed well I would get a new head every 2 weeks or so...

Suggestions on food?

saltwatercoral
Suggestions on food?

I have a few acan frags and feed those Spectra Pellets 2 times a week. They love them. Once I feed my fish there Mysis and Cyclopes the acans spread there tentacles and then I drop some pellets through a clear tube so I can see and direct how man go into each mouth. Feeding is not necessary but you will see much happier acans.

Side note. You can keep multiple acan lords together and they can touch each other and will not kill other acan lords... BUT if you have multiple acan types such as echinata it will compete and the echinata will def will and kill the lord. Just stick with lords IMO.

I have a few acan frags and feed those Spectra Pellets 2 times a week. They love them. Once I feed my fish there Mysis and Cyclopes the acans spread there tentacles and then I drop some pellets through a clear tube so I can see and direct how man go into each mouth. Feeding is not necessary but you will see much happier acans.

Side note. You can keep multiple acan lords together and they can touch each other and will not kill other acan lords... BUT if you have multiple acan types such as echinata it will compete and the echinata will def will and kill the lord. Just stick with lords IMO.

I have no idea which are lords and what are echinata. Thanks for the help!

I have no idea which are lords and what are echinata. Thanks for the help!

Ditto. I have two frags (one single now 3 "will these do OK?" cheap test frag, one nicer multi-headed "on purpose") in my tank and suddenly realized I don't know if they should be close to each other or not! Any handy spotter's guide to which is which?

Echinata, lordhowensis, micromussa... the head spins! And the Internets are of less help than usual!

Archived