Pod Your Reef

Build your own DIY led website

cmac23

• 1 month later...
I havent seen themin person but

linear = bad when you are mixing different colors

Also they dont say what type of LEDs they are using.

I saw these LED's in person at a hydroponics conference yesterday and they looked amazing. Their guy (who was super nice) said that he worked for another "big name" manufacturer before coming over to that company and that they worked with a large reef store in Huston (whose name escapes me) for months to get the spectrum and mix right, his background is grow lights. I'm thinking about another tank and if I get one, I'll go with these. Oh and everything is manufactured to order in Huston.

I saw these LED's in person at a hydroponics conference yesterday and they looked amazing. Their guy (who was super nice) said that he worked for another "big name" manufacturer before coming over to that company and that they worked with a large reef store in Huston (whose name escapes me) for months to get the spectrum and mix right, his background is grow lights. I'm thinking about another tank and if I get one, I'll go with these. Oh and everything is manufactured to order in Huston.

I should mention that I'm buying multiple banks for one tank though....

Cool interface on their website.

Also, I've gotta source those 730nm LEDs. Not because I think they'd do my tank much good, but because they're just nifty.

I'd still rather build it myself, and I agree with Milad that their lack of transparency regarding LED (edit: and driver) brand is troubling, but I will say--that's a nice option for people who don't want to solder but still want something they can pick & choose themselves.

Also, they sell 730nm IRs but they don't sell regular old true violets? What???

Archived