Innovative Marine Aquariums

Last FTS of my nano...

Archaic37

have you ever had a problem with the corals not opening? I have pretty much the same specs as you do except my par38 is a 24watt over the same height, 8gallon as well. My zoa opened up for the first day and never did and eventually died. Everything coral I put in here has died within a couple days...I was wondering if my light is too strong so I dimmed it and i dont think that helped it. I was wondering if it could be my RO water too.

Where did you get the ARM to host the PAR bulb?

I got the arm from staples, but never used the hood that came with the lamp for heat purposes.

http://www.staples.com/V-Light-Incandescent-CFL-Swing-Arm-Architect-Clamp-On-Lamp-Brushed-Nickel/product_416758

have you ever had a problem with the corals not opening? I have pretty much the same specs as you do except my par38 is a 24watt over the same height, 8gallon as well. My zoa opened up for the first day and never did and eventually died. Everything coral I put in here has died within a couple days...I was wondering if my light is too strong so I dimmed it and i dont think that helped it. I was wondering if it could be my RO water too.

No I actually havent had any issues with corals not opening. Have you tested your params? There can be a lot of reasons why your corals have dying. Maybe the water is too hot, bad salt mix, params are off etc.

IMG_0660.jpg

Looking at this one.

That light isn't my par38 it is a Wavepoint 8 watt micro sun light. It is not a good light for reefs at all, I had it on hand when starting the tank.

BattleAthletics

Oh ok I didnt see you post where it said it was that light. I was assuming that was the par light stand.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
llama roadkill
Current FTS 9/24/13

30FiclY.jpg

Tank:

Fluval Flora Tank 8GFiltration:

aquaclear 70 with chaeto, seachem purigen, heater and Wavepoint 8 watt LED.

9 pounds LR

10 pounds LS.Lighting:

RapidLED 12 LED's Par38 (6 Rb, 2NW, 2CW and 2 UV LEDS. 80 degree optics) 8" off the water.Flora:

green star polypVietnam Eagle eye zoa

Wammin' Watermelons

Green Bay Packers zoa

Crocea clam

red mushroom

purple anthia

blue mushroom

red cap montipora

green ricordea

rainbow ricordea

Carnation coralpurple tip hammer coral

candy cane

Coco Worm

Pink Birdsnest

Kenya treeFaunaHi Fin red banded goby Jumped out of the tank :(

Picasso Clown

Tiger Pistol

Nassarius

Florida Cerith

dwarf cerith

nerite

1 blue leg hermit

2 Scarlett hermit's

brittle stars

Previous FTS:

May 29, 2013

IMG_5469_zps3f165d54.jpg

March 15, 2013

IMG_0901-2_zps0f14280d.jpg

February 23, 2013

be923241-2e45-434e-ada8-bd427dfcda3f_zps

December 23, 2012

IMG_2653_zpsf7c3b521.jpg

November 29, 2012

CRW_8649.jpg

October 19, 2012Photo_2__4_.jpg

August 30, 2012 (Day 0)IMG_0660.jpg

Hate to break it to ya, all the living things are fauna, not flora...;)

Archived