Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Front Desk Tank

JamesHL88

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to check your source water.. Diatoms shouldn't be happening at this age of the tank without the introduction of silicates. Likin the fish selection for sure!

The other thing it could be is the sand... what type did you use?

Thanx for checkin it out mike :)

I'm pretty sure it was the sand. I originally set this tank up with silica based sand. After it became clear that the diatoms were a problem I removed as much of that sand as possible (3/4) and replaced it with a fine argonite. I then changed forty gallons of water trying to dillute any silica in the water collumn. Im sure there is some still hanging around. But it seems to be on the decline. I need to try another massive water change. And the tank could use stronger powerheads.

• 3 weeks later...
Formula462

every time I see fretfreak's avatar, i think it's this girl I used to work with at a different SW store. she was my mermaid lol, made work fun and...stimulating.

Lol why is darth vador standing in the background?

to deter people from sticking their fingers in the tank. that's set used Vader armor right chea.

you cant tell, but the little blue light on the far left of the picture (near comp monitor) is a retinal scanner.

fretfreak13

every time I see fretfreak's avatar, i think it's this girl I used to work with at a different SW store. she was my mermaid lol, made work fun and...stimulating.

Oh my! :blush: I've only worked at one store and its the one I'm at now up in Ohio..lol Do you want me to change my avatar for you?

Formula462

nah it wasn't anything to worry about. you just kind of look alike. it was just a harmless crush on my part lol.

Archived