ReefCleaners.org

Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless [40x24x20]

teamschreiba

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well after having my ADA 60-f for over a year and a half now, I've really gone crazy with buying SPS and wanted to go just a little bit bigger :P I also got tired of cleaning the MAME overflow and wanted to have a better setup for growing SPS. I feel the larger volume of water will make it a lot easier to keep my parameters stable and will allow to me to actually get some fish! :happy:

I contacted Miracles in Canada a few weeks ago and they have begun building my tank with an expected arrival date of sometime in late October, early November. It will be a rimless 40x24x20, starphire front, and corner overflow with two drains and one return. I've started piecing together some equipment but will also use some of the equipment from my ADA. I have a lotttt of ideas floating around in my head so I'll continue to update this post when I buy new equipment, do some DIY's, etc. Thanks for looking!!

8013521858_f319c5ee6a_c.jpg

Would you sell your 60f to me. If so pm me please. I tried pming you but ur inbox is full

Went and picked up the tank from the shipping depot today so it's in the house! :D

I still need to build the stand and order the powerheads but once I finish that up it'll be time to start setting up.

PICS NOW! :P

Pictures or it didnt happen! lol

for real though, im sure this is a beaufiful looking tank!

host before you post. :lol:

:lol: It's all wrapped up right now sitting in my living room but once I get it out and in a good area for pictures I'll be sure to get some up!

Would you sell your 60f to me. If so pm me please. I tried pming you but ur inbox is full

I'm still debating what to do with the 60-f but if I decide to sell it I'll have a FS thread no worries!

PICS NOW! :P

I'll get em as fast as I can!

Bro am I excited for this tank!

I'm excited too! I wish I could get it up and running soon but I still have a lot of work to do.

:lol: It's all wrapped up right now sitting in my living room but once I get it out and in a good area for pictures I'll be sure to get some up!

I'm still debating what to do with the 60-f but if I decide to sell it I'll have a FS thread no worries!

I'll get em as fast as I can!

I'm excited too! I wish I could get it up and running soon but I still have a lot of work to do.

Dont do a for sale thread haha.... Just pm me im ready to ad another display and i want that one haha

Dont do a for sale thread haha.... Just pm me im ready to ad another display and i want that one haha

i was first in line for it anyways lol i asked months ago :P

i was first in line for it anyways lol i asked months ago :P

Good point Jrmiller, and you even said you would drive all the way to Virginia to pick it up if I remember correctly :P

Good point Jrmiller, and you even said you would drive all the way to Virginia to pick it up if I remember correctly :P

hahaha i did. :D you need to sell me the sump too

hahaha i did. :D you need to sell me the sump too

Haha well I had planned on using the sump initially with the new tank until I got a bigger skimmer. I've been eyeing the Avast Marine CS-1 recently and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold off. I need to buy powerheads first though.

Just ordered an MP40! Also discovered that since I'm using 1/2" glass I won't be able to reuse my MP10 -_- I'm hoping between the MP40 and the return I'll have enough flow though, at least initially.

Also been weighing my options as far as a new skimmer/sump goes. Been giving some thought to buying an external skimmer and keeping the sump I have now instead of going the new skimmer and sump route. I really like the avast marine CS-2 but I'm worried it might be overkill for a tank this size. Any opinions/thoughts?

im using the avast cs-1 in my tank, which is rated for 200gal and its constantly pulling out gunk. but for 700 bucks (i dont think it even comes with the swabbie or the locker), im sure there are others that will perform just as well for less

im using the avast cs-1 in my tank, which is rated for 200gal and its constantly pulling out gunk. but for 700 bucks (i dont think it even comes with the swabbie or the locker), im sure there are others that will perform just as well for less

Yeah I guess my reasoning is that the you-built cs-1 is $300 and then I'll likely be spending ~$200 for a new sump. If I get the cs-2, I can run it externally and get it for $600 this week at aquariumspecialty with the coupon so it comes out to being pretty close. But I also understand that if it is completely overkill and doesn't make sense, I'm better off buying a new sump which will be a plus to have the added water volume. I appreciate the advice though and your tank looks great!!

Yeah I guess my reasoning is that the you-built cs-1 is $300 and then I'll likely be spending ~$200 for a new sump. If I get the cs-2, I can run it externally and get it for $600 this week at aquariumspecialty with the coupon so it comes out to being pretty close. But I also understand that if it is completely overkill and doesn't make sense, I'm better off buying a new sump which will be a plus to have the added water volume. I appreciate the advice though and your tank looks great!!

the CS-1 was 250 for me when i bought it, 169 for the body, 85 for the pump. they jacked up the prices on both since then.

i dont think the CS2 would be overkill. im using an almost the same skimmer, just a tad smaller with the same pump, and i think its fine in my tank. i just think the price doesnt really justify it. its more than double of what the CS1 is and its not double in performance, or 50%. its only 50gal more. you can buy this monster from reef octopus for less and comes with not 2 but 3 pumps. http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/CV-XS-350.html or you can get this for much less which is rated the same as the CS2 http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplie...RO-2000EXT.html

Find a regular stock tank and build your own sump.

Yeah that is an option too.

the CS-1 was 250 for me when i bought it, 169 for the body, 85 for the pump. they jacked up the prices on both since then.

i dont think the CS2 would be overkill. im using an almost the same skimmer, just a tad smaller with the same pump, and i think its fine in my tank. i just think the price doesnt really justify it. its more than double of what the CS1 is and its not double in performance, or 50%. its only 50gal more. you can buy this monster from reef octopus for less and comes with not 2 but 3 pumps. http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/CV-XS-350.html or you can get this for much less which is rated the same as the CS2 http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplie...RO-2000EXT.html

I definitely see what you mean now. The first skimmer is a beast! I think I'll have to do a little more research if I want to go with an external skimmer. Thanks for the advice!

cant wait to see this this thing wet!

Thanks! I'm going to start building the stand this weekend so hopefully it'll be up and running soon!

Any updates?

Made some progress on the stand over the long weekend. Hopefully I can get a lot more done this weekend too. Also have all the structure built on the light fixture and just need to do the finishing. Bought a few more nice pieces of dry goods this weekend too with all the sales :happy:

Made some progress on the stand over the long weekend. Hopefully I can get a lot more done this weekend too. Also have all the structure built on the light fixture and just need to do the finishing. Bought a few more nice pieces of dry goods this weekend too with all the sales :happy:

Pics coming ?

cant wait to see pics.
Pics coming ?

Here's one! Not super exciting but its the first part of constructing my floating canopy.

8227668693_1f8a5573d1_z.jpg

Archived