Innovative Marine Aquariums

Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless [40x24x20]

teamschreiba

Well after having my ADA 60-f for over a year and a half now, I've really gone crazy with buying SPS and wanted to go just a little bit bigger :P I also got tired of cleaning the MAME overflow and wanted to have a better setup for growing SPS. I feel the larger volume of water will make it a lot easier to keep my parameters stable and will allow to me to actually get some fish! :happy:

I contacted Miracles in Canada a few weeks ago and they have begun building my tank with an expected arrival date of sometime in late October, early November. It will be a rimless 40x24x20, starphire front, and corner overflow with two drains and one return. I've started piecing together some equipment but will also use some of the equipment from my ADA. I have a lotttt of ideas floating around in my head so I'll continue to update this post when I buy new equipment, do some DIY's, etc. Thanks for looking!!

8013521858_f319c5ee6a_c.jpg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well after having my ADA 60-f for over a year and a half now, I've really gone crazy with buying SPS and wanted to go just a little bit bigger :P I also got tired of cleaning the MAME overflow and wanted to have a better setup for growing SPS. I feel the larger volume of water will make it a lot easier to keep my parameters stable and will allow to me to actually get some fish! :happy:

I contacted Miracles in Canada a few weeks ago and they have begun building my tank with an expected arrival date of sometime in late October, early November. It will be a rimless 40x24x20, starphire front, and corner overflow with two drains and one return. I've started piecing together some equipment but will also use some of the equipment from my ADA. I have a lotttt of ideas floating around in my head so I'll continue to update this post when I buy new equipment, do some DIY's, etc. Thanks for looking!!

8013521858_f319c5ee6a_c.jpg

NICE

Awesome dimensions! What other equipment are you thinking about?

Thanks! I spent a lot of time deciding on the dimensions and whether or not I wanted to go shallow again. For equipment this is what I've decided so far:

One 250W MH with a lumenmax elite reflector and icecap ballast. Also going with 2 36" VHO for actinic supplementation and I might wire up some LED's into the floating hood because I'm worried the one MH reflector might leave the edges pretty dark.

I'm still deciding on what return pump and circulation pumps. I'll for sure use the MP10 from my ADA but I have to decide if I want to add an MP40 or go with tunze's.

The skimmer, ATO, doser, controller, TLF reactor, and sump will all come from my ADA for now as well but I plan on upgrading the skimmer and sump in the future (I have my eyes on the Avast Marine CS-1 with recirc kit :happy: )

NICE

Thanks albert!!

Gonna be heckas, subscribing

Thanks Jessy! I have to admit I googled heckas :P

Hahaha UD defines it well. Those Avast skimmer are total beasts!.

Yeah I think that's what I used :P And that's what I've read too! It's going to be a little bit before I'm buying a new skimmer though.

so excited to see this!!!

Thanks JR, I'm excited to get it up and running!

teamschreiba
Are you getting the stand built locally?

I'm going to take a shot at building it myself. I've done a lot of research and have a good idea of what I want it to look like. I have pretty much all the lighting equipment with the exception of the VHO bulbs so I'm going to try and start building the floating canopy next weekend too.

I'm going to take a shot at building it myself. I've done a lot of research and have a good idea of what I want it to look like. I have pretty much all the lighting equipment with the exception of the VHO bulbs so I'm going to try and start building the floating canopy next weekend too.

Nice cant wait to see.

Do you know any locals selling SPS?

teamschreiba
totally following, good to see local reefers to me on here

Thanks, and yeah for sure!!

bigger the better! ~ following!

Of course! Seriously though I think it should make keeping the parameters stable a lot easier which hopefully will mean my SPS grow faster :happy:

Nice cant wait to see.

Do you know any locals selling SPS?

Umm not on here but if you check out the local club there might be some. I'm not quite to the point of selling stuff either and I need to get rid of my red bugs for sure before I sell any SPS.

If you ever get the chance you should try and make one of the meets here in Richmond. You aren't too far north. They are having one at Mike &Terry's house at the end of the month. It may give you some ideas on the new tank and lots of good resources/frags here in Richmond.

Their tank for reference

http://richmondreefers.com/phpbb/viewtopic...8&start=300

Wow some tank indeed ... wish I could make it up there !

teamschreiba
awesome, its almost the same dimentions as my tank. mine is 40x20x24.

Yeah it is, I thought about doing 40x24x24 but didn't want a tank quite that deep.

omgomgomg

:D

Oh man! Just saw this! I'll be watching fo sho!

Thanks, I can't wait to get it up and running!

If you ever get the chance you should try and make one of the meets here in Richmond. You aren't too far north. They are having one at Mike &Terry's house at the end of the month. It may give you some ideas on the new tank and lots of good resources/frags here in Richmond.

Their tank for reference

http://richmondreefers.com/phpbb/viewtopic...8&start=300

Yeah Richmond really isn't too far. I've been to one meet in DC and it was pretty cool so it'd be great to make it to one down there. That tank looks great too , definitely what I'm striving for.

Wow some tank indeed ... wish I could make it up there !

Agreed albert, I've really researched into a lot of the famous SPS tanks to see some of their key elements for color and growth.

Agreed albert, I've really researched into a lot of the famous SPS tanks to see some of their key elements for color and growth.

That is an awesome tank for sure ! Power to You !

teamschreiba
That is an awesome tank for sure ! Power to You !

Thanks albert!

I have almost all the equipment bought now too, just the powerheads left!

• 4 weeks later...

Went and picked up the tank from the shipping depot today so it's in the house! :D

I still need to build the stand and order the powerheads but once I finish that up it'll be time to start setting up.

Went and picked up the tank from the shipping depot today so it's in the house! :D

I still need to build the stand and order the powerheads but once I finish that up it'll be time to start setting up.

Pictures or it didnt happen! lol

for real though, im sure this is a beaufiful looking tank!

Archived