ReefCleaners.org

Evo's 26.2 Gallon – Custom Rimless - BM Doser powered !

evo_2679

Well, I am back after a brief hiatus from reefing (due to moving to a new house, upcoming work, and traveling). I made a tough decision in April and that was to break down and sell my 40 breeder. That was then, and now Im back with a vengeance. This build will be a SPS dominant tank with a couple of premium Chalices on the bottom.

Specifications

Display Tank: Lee Mar 26.2 Gallon Aquarium (28 x 18 x 12) with custom external overflow (made by itsmateo on RC)
Sump Tank: Acrylic Sump by Acrylic Aquarium Suppliers (24 x 14 x 14)
Return Pump: Maxi-Jet Submersible Utility Pump (Model 3000)
Stand: DIY
Light Fixture: Sunlight Supply Tek Light T-5 HO Fixture (24", 4x24W) Radion XR30w G2
Light Combo: Front to back - Blue +, Aquablue Special, Purple +, Blue+

Live Rock: 15 LBS Vida Rock (From Aqua-Tecture)
Substrate: Bare Bottom
Filtration: SCA-302 protein skimmer Vertex Omega 130, Two Little Fishes Reactor 150
Circulation: Ecotech Marine VorTech MP10 ES (Controlled by the WXM)
Auto Top-Off System: Auto Top Off Double Switch Controller (Sump Model) with a Tom's Aqualifter

Controller: Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Lite (PC4 x 2, SL1, itemp probe) Neptune Apex (EB 8, EB 4, WXM, and Lab Grade PH Probe)

Doser: Bubble Magus T-01 Doser
Heater: 100W Eheim Jager TruTemp

Fish: Bi Color Blenny - Moved to Sump, Chalk Bass, Wyoming White Clownfish, Naked Clownfish, and ORA Splendid Pseudochromis.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank Drilling: I was like :scarry: watching as itsmateo on RC was drilling it.

TANKDRILLING1_zps004657a8.jpg

TANKDRILLING2_zps26d54642.jpg

TANKDRILLING3_zpsddf6a6e2.jpg

Custom Overflow :

OVERFLOWBOX1_zps9a3a0f34.jpg

OVERFLOWBOX2_zpse89150ac.jpg

DIY Stand:

STAND1_zpsda347090.jpg

STAND2_zps1c2af712.jpg

STAND3_zps3d68f716.jpg

Plumping :

PLUMBING_zps8c2b1219.jpg

Sump:

PLUMBING1-SUMP_zps5060286c.jpg

Leak Testing / Overflow Test:

Overflow Test

I can't wait to finalize the set up. Just waiting on the rest of my equipment order to show up - hurry up UPS / Fed EX :angry:. Hopefully by next week I can filler up with some saltwater.

I got a surprise at my front door today - UPS made a delivery !!!

I must say after several emails back and forth to Aqua-tecture they have gone above and beyond any of my expectations with finding the right structures that would fit my tank - and Merrit outlined my dimension then took photos of each structure to make sure they fit.

Check out this package (with epoxy foam) to keep the structures from breaking or cracking:

VIDAROCK1_zps3705dee0.jpg

VIDAROCK2_zps05605e28.jpg

VIDAROCK3_zpsa742ead4.jpg

VIDAROCK4_zps6bd18e82.jpg

And a Freebie:

VIDAROCK5_zpsefb75533.jpg

Just need frags for my free plugs !!!! :happydance:

I finally got some time yesterday to make my light hanger for my Tek Light.

Here is the link to the article from Reef Keeping - DIY Light Hanger

And here is how it turned out - bent EMT pipe at Lowes :D

LIGHTHANGER1.jpg

LIGHTHANGER2.jpg

Cool setup! Nice dimensions. Like the aqua-tecture rock <~ will checkout their site! :)

May I ask the cost of the aqua-tecture rocks? Thinking of ordering.

Cool setup! Nice dimensions. Like the aqua-tecture rock <~ will checkout their site! :)

May I ask the cost of the aqua-tecture rocks? Thinking of ordering.

JT - the prices vary depending on shape and sizes they have available. Here is what they emailed me back saying:

"Each piece on the site is unique (other than frag supplies and drifters) so once purchased it is removed from the site."

I see. So, whatever they have on their website is what's available for sale? Do they not do custom orders? Thanks

Yes - whatever they have available on their website is for sale. I am not sure if they can do Custom Orders though - they can piece together the pieces for you if you give the dimensions of your tank. For custom order you can email them or the actual manufacturer - Cerameco . As I believe Aqua-tecture places their order through Cermco.

• 3 weeks later...

JT - no updates yet. I've been really busy with my work and traveling schedule right now. Hopefully in the next week or so I can get everthing up / running and get the cycle started on the rock structures.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a quick update:

Final Sump set up:

SUMP2.jpg

Rock Structure set up:

ROCK1.jpg

Tank Filled up :

TANKFILLED.jpg

SUMP3.jpg

Can I say that I love those rocks! Just the perfect style and shape for a nano reef! They do not take up a huge foot print and have lots of surface area that gets direct light. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Aquascape looks awesome! I bet it's almost as hard choosing the aqua-tecture parts as it is natural rock!

How's the cycle progressing?

Thanks GTi - after about 2 weeks (several emails back and forth to Aqua-tecture) they found 3 pieces that fit the dimensions of my tank and looked great for SPS !!!

The cycle is slow as usual just waiting for it to be done with but I just started putting in 5 ml of Microbacter 7 every morning in order to help the cycle.

MICROBACTER7.jpg

Great tank! What do you think of the craftsmanship on your Lee Mar? I love mine!

Thanks Arkayology - Lee Mar did an awesome job / really clean lines on the black silicone.

Can I say that I love those rocks! Just the perfect style and shape for a nano reef! They do not take up a huge foot print and have lots of surface area that gets direct light. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thanks Spirofucci for stopping by - I love the rocks too !!! I can't wait to start filling this tank up with some killer SPS pieces !!!

+1 the vida rocks look really nice!!

Thanks Danimal1211 - yeah Aqua-Tecture went far beyond my expectation on finding me just what I wanted for this tank with the Vida rocks.

I dunno how I missed your thread!

The tank looks fantastic... the dimensions remind me of my 28g 30x 18x 12...it is coming to TX with me :ninja:

Can't wit to see this with coral! I am looking into the rock also...pretty awesome :P

Archived