ReefCleaners.org

"The Two Towers" 62G SPS Starfire Reef (Rebooted)

JDigital

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think about a Lamarks Angel?

Anyone have any experience with them in a Reef?

Yes, I don't recommend you buy one.

They're a fish that's frequently imported as juveniles, people mistakingly buy them when they're small and cute, not realizing that there tank is not big enough. Thus, the fish dies due to a stress-related infliction. Of course there are exceptional cases in the massive worldwide reefing community, but they are few and far between. As far as compatibility with a reef, I do believe they are on the safer side (you can never really be sure).

GL and I can't wait to see the "new" tank. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I don't recommend you buy one.

They're a fish that's frequently imported as juveniles, people mistakingly buy them when they're small and cute, not realizing that there tank is not big enough. Thus, the fish dies due to a stress-related infliction. Of course there are exceptional cases in the massive worldwide reefing community, but they are few and far between. As far as compatibility with a reef, I do believe they are on the safer side (you can never really be sure).

GL and I can't wait to see the "new" tank. :)

Agreed, good for a large reef, preferably 6 x 2ft. A smaller species like a female Genicanthus watanabei may work.

• 1 month later...

Few new additions last night.

- Longnose Hawkfish

- 2 Head Red/Orange Lobo

- 3 Head Duncan Frag

- 1pc of Fiji Shelf rock (needed some more real estate)

- 2 Filter Socks. (my sand goby kicks up so much sand my water column is cloudy, so i'm hoping these help polish the water a bit).

Quick video to show the above off.

Forgot to mention........

My 2nd channel (4 out of 6 bulbs) on my ATI 6 bulb dimmable light fixture pooped the bed early last week.... So in less that 1 year both channels have crapped out on me. The whole reason I bought an ATI fixture was because I had never heard anything but good things about them, the quality and the finish. I am quite disappointed so far. Although their customer service has been good and quick to respond to both issues. Unfortunately, after December, my 1 year warranty is over.... So I am bit worried about this problem in the future and having to fork out $$$ to pay for replacement parts.

According to the ATI rep I emailed, the channel 2 failure seems to be related to the relay switch (again, same issue as channel 1) as all 4 bulbs stopped working at the same time, which likely eliminates a bad ballast.

I am still waiting for my replacement warranty (thank goodness) parts to arrive to fix channel 2, hope to see them this week as they shipped out last friday. Unfortunately, I broke two of the buttons on the controller panel when I opened up the light last week, so I ordered a new one of those too, which set me back $68USD, (regular $97, he gave me a discount because of my multiple issues). :(

Thankfully I'm still in the early stages of stocking coral so I can get by on 2 bulbs (1 Blue+ and 1 Fiji Purple) till the replacement parts arrive.

This hobby can be so frustrating. :angry:

FINALLY got my replacement parts yesterday to fix my light fixture.

Got an updated controller to replace the one I broke the buttons on:

CAM00207_resized_zps106a6d47.jpg

And once again, looking at the inside of my light fixture for a 3rd time.. (I'm getting pretty good at taking these apart!!)

CAM00208_resized_zps0c83ba4d.jpg

And the culprit to my problems....... again.... The relay switch...

CAM00210_resized_zps47ba4019.jpg[/url]

Light is fixed though and back over the tank..

Archived