Innovative Marine Aquariums

24x24x16 Low Iron Rimless AIO Cube!

up.left

• 3 weeks later...

as the post from a while ago...set your white balance on ur sand under blues... then take photos of ur coral... that will take out the blues pretty nice/

• 2 years later...

Hey guys. Its been a while!

So I sold this entire setup to a guy on craigslist in october 2014. I spent the last week searching all over facebook for the guy based off what i remembered to be his first name alone. I somehow ended up finding him and he still had the tank and stand and was willing to sell them back! So bam! Paypal sent and i am picking up the tank and stand tomorrow to begin a rebuild 3 years later! So here is where i will begin my resurrection : ) 

Looking forward to it!

• Like 3
revolution1925

Nice!  I am planing a similar dimention tank.! I will keep mostly lps zoas and some nems.  Plz take me a photo of the back sump and the champers when u get the tank. I am New to 'sump thing'  and a bit confused!  Thanxs and sorry about my english! 

If you look at the first page of this thread i go over the design in detail. : )

13 hours ago, revolution1925 said:

Nice!  I am planing a similar dimention tank.! I will keep mostly lps zoas and some nems.  Plz take me a photo of the back sump and the champers when u get the tank. I am New to 'sump thing'  and a bit confused!  Thanxs and sorry about my english! 

17 hours ago, iroll253 said:

Hey guys. Its been a while!

So I sold this entire setup to a guy on craigslist in october 2014. I spent the last week searching all over facebook for the guy based off what i remembered to be his first name alone. I somehow ended up finding him and he still had the tank and stand and was willing to sell them back! So bam! Paypal sent and i am picking up the tank and stand tomorrow to begin a rebuild 3 years later! So here is where i will begin my resurrection : ) 

Looking forward to it!

Hah! That's amazing, makes for a great story! I'll definitely be following this one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finished rebuilding the stand. It needed a new top and bottom due to water logging. I painted it with marine paint.

I added a drain in the first baffel to drop the water line. It no longer surface skims with the overflow with the current powerhead but idc. I prefer the easier to deal with waterline.

I sealed over the original clear silicone bead with a second one around the tank and re siliconed the back wall in with black. I ordered some trim to trim the bottom of the tank, not sure if ill use it.

I took a headlight restoration kit to the back and was able to buff out 90% of the scratches in the acrylic wall.

I added an innovative marine leveling mat to the top of the stand.

Finally i painted the sides of the tank from the acrylic wall to the back.

20171009_005255.jpg

• Like 1

Wow,just wow. Idk how I never saw this build or anything but good lord !!! I'm glad you were able to get your mitts back on it and making it happen again,definitely following along this go around !! 

Sorry guys I'm a chicken. I'm looking at moving from WA to CO and decided to sell the tank and not anchor myself to my apartment further. I rebuilt it all nice in hope to use it but i sold her today. Final photos below.

00O0O_bgZKtMXcKRH_1200x900_zpszfh4smlj.j

00z0z_8GJMDFuC0m1_1200x900_zpsys9jdcky.j

00r0r_cso14LwM5QV_1200x900_zps7vncfnfr.j

00j0j_76L8qHWzllA_1200x900_zpsg8kfegyk.j

00h0h_2CIBNIq54B2_1200x900_zpslrlrgcow.j