inTank Media Baskets

Led Combo Question

emerick79

Hey everyone! I want to get the 18" Drilled and Tapped Heatsink from rapidled. It holds 9 Led's in a single row. so what combination do you think would be best? I was thinking 5 RB and 4 CW. What do you think?

Thanks,

Sean

Footprint of the tank is 24"X8". I figured the one row will cover this becuase i dont need all 8" width of the tank to be lit. want to keep mostly softies. not really sps but maybe in the future. i just wanted to know what kind of color temp the 5:4 RB:CW will give me. or if i should go NW instead of CW or a combo.

Thanks,

Sean

jedimasterben

Go with neutral white. Don't touch cool white if you're planning on having corals. Having them be spaced out in s a single row will really do nothing for you besides give you color banding, aka disco. Keep one neutral white and two royal blue stars touching, or better yet, get the three of them on one star. Use 3-4x NW and 6-8x RB.

how much spread is there on the 3 up? if i do three do you think i will have any darkspots? im just worried about the spread of it because it will only be a about 4-5" off of the water line and it is only a 9" high tank.

jedimasterben
how much spread is there on the 3 up? if i do three do you think i will have any darkspots? im just worried about the spread of it because it will only be a about 4-5" off of the water line and it is only a 9" high tank.

3x would be fine, I would hang them 8-12" though. Not necessarily for spread, but just to get them physically away from the water.

The spread of any LED without optics is 120-140 degrees.

Archived