Innovative Marine Aquariums

SCA 301 Skimmer skimmate

Snapper

jedimasterben

Whoops, my last measurements were for the bigger brother to the 301. Damn, I've been way off all today. :(

The 301 is 6-10", the 303 is higher.

jedimasterben
No, I haven't.

All you do is take off about an inch off that barb that goes inside the tube? and it helps wiht noise?

I dont have a dremmel -_-

I did my first with a knife and the second one with a PVC pipe cutter.

jedimasterben
Those this mod help reduce noise level as well? It's the loudest thing I have sounds like a rumble

It shouldn't sound like that. Check and make sure that nothing is blocking the intake.

I checked those and everythign was clear.

I should reword it, it doenst rumble, it basiclaly makes noise that you know it is on now, meaning the pump.

I went ahead and did the mod, used my pocket knife to cut the barb.

a few notices after this procedure.

1) The microbubbles that would get released into the chamber has diminshed nearly 50-70%.

2) I can put the blue pvc leveler to level 3 now iwth this mod as opposed to earlier when I couldn't even put it on level 1.

3) the air hose now makes this "pssss" noise. If I clog the tip the noise goes away but ofcourse the water level rises.

A pill/film canister mod helps the air intake noise considerably. Cut or drill a small hole in one end of the canister, just big enough to squeeze the air line through. Then on the opposite end cut several smaller holes. Loosely stuff some cotton balls toward the end with the several holes.

• 4 weeks later...

my skimmer pump is super loud/growling, i ahve contacted these guys 3x times alreayd wiht no response. any tips on waht to do? contact ebay maybe?

i did that, i cut 2 holes in the other end adn ran a tube through both and stuffed 2 cotton balls in it. did the job well i think in terms of the airline noise.

Archived