Top Shelf Aquatics

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Good luck with that, grants are always a pain. Where in Peru are you going to?

I'll be in Moquegua, Ica, and Cuzco this summer. I have research projects in all three areas. I study ancient food production and use through carbonized plant remains that are recovered from archaeological sites.

• Like 6

Woah! I don't check in for 6 days and this! Congrats on what you will be doing though. But I'm sad about the tank coming down. This is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

Woah! I don't check in for 6 days and this! Congrats on what you will be doing though. But I'm sad about the tank coming down. This is one of my favorites.

Thanks man. I really liked this tank - it was my most successful so far. I may not be back for a couple of years, but I will be back - probably after my dissertation is done and I have a professorship somewhere. I may have a pico or something just to play around with while I write my diss though. Who knows? :)

• Like 1

Thanks man. I really liked this tank - it was my most successful so far. I may not be back for a couple of years, but I will be back - probably after my dissertation is done and I have a professorship somewhere. I may have a pico or something just to play around with while I write my diss though. Who knows? :)

I bet you will! And we'll all keep on the lookout.

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Sad to hear the tank is coming down....however, I assume we are getting closer to movies about for crazy adventures in different countries, lol!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Wait ... what ... seriously

I feel you on the traveling and maintaining tanks AND trying to get out of grad school, the tank will be missed

I'll be back some day once I'm out of school and get a job.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Christmas isn't the same without a tank to spend all my money on/ask people to buy me stuff for :(

Oh man that sucks....you could still ask for gift cards. I know you will be back in the game eventually. How have things been man?

Oh man that sucks....you could still ask for gift cards. I know you will be back in the game eventually. How have things been man?

Things are OK - waiting to hear back from grants that I submitted for my dissertation. I will get back into the game, but it might be awhile. I want to set up a larger tank in the 150g range, but we need to move and I need to get a job so it might be 5 years out. Though I could do a pico...

• Like 4

Things are OK - waiting to hear back from grants that I submitted for my dissertation. I will get back into the game, but it might be awhile. I want to set up a larger tank in the 150g range, but we need to move and I need to get a job so it might be 5 years out. Though I could do a pico...

:)http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367993-reef-crest-dropoff-aio-series-officially-launched/#entry5199018
  • Like 2

Those look nice, but I will never do acrylic. It scratches too easily.

Mike at Micro Reefs is back in action....

I saw that. Hmm.

If I do a pico, it will probably be in a year or so. I need to be in Peru for a few months this summer collecting dissertation data. I am already planning the 150g (pending wife approval) in my head though. :)

• Like 1

I saw that. Hmm.

If I do a pico, it will probably be in a year or so. I need to be in Peru for a few months this summer collecting dissertation data. I am already planning the 150g (pending wife approval) in my head though. :)

It's about that approval from the wife ;)

It's about that approval from the wife ;)

Yeah... the wife doesn't like that I go away for research for months at a time. Even though I had automated the tank almost completely, except for top off RODI, she still didn't like being alone with the tank. I may have to wait a few years until l get a stable job and am doing more lab research than field. A guy can hope though... I miss reefing.

• Like 1

Yeah... the wife doesn't like that I go away for research for months at a time. Even though I had automated the tank almost completely, except for top off RODI, she still didn't like being alone with the tank. I may have to wait a few years until l get a stable job and am doing more lab research than field. A guy can hope though... I miss reefing.

Glad to see you still poking around in here and seems like your doing well. Hopefully see you in a few years. :D

• Like 2

Glad to see you still poking around in here and seems like your doing well. Hopefully see you in a few years. :D

Yeah, you will see me around - I can't really ever leave my online reef community here :) Also, I'm addicted.

• Like 3

I saw that. Hmm.

I feel the same way.