ReefCleaners.org

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

364963-henry_jones_large.jpg

indiana

show us the tank

LOL

Alright! Here it is! I will take some better pics with the DSLR tomorrow. Until then, here is an iPhone pic of the tank. It turned out great!

IMG_0180.jpg

Edited by Arkayology
Hell yea! Looks sweet!

NICE! now you just need to add some water....

Wow thats HOT!

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing it with water.

Thanks everyone! I am very pleased with the craftsman ship. LeeMar did an awesome job! I will be working on the plumbing in the next two days so I will hopefully have water in it by Saturday. Now you all just need to send me some frags :P

I love this part of reefing is setup up the equipment and planning out everything. LOVE THAT TANK. Make me wanna break down my tank and setup a rimless. i am so JELLY

B E A UUUUU Tiful!

Can't wait to see more.

Good luck!

Thanks man! You helped me figure out what I wanted in the next build so part of the credit goes to you.

Great so far! ...........two things

1. You better scape this thing major kick ass.....

2. And......where's the whip???

Of course the scape will kick ass. I am thinking about doing two islands for the scape. I am trying to go more minimal with this so we will see how it goes.

yummy

:D

I love this part of reefing is setup up the equipment and planning out everything. LOVE THAT TANK. Make me wanna break down my tank and setup a rimless. i am so JELLY

I like planning it out and getting everything together as well! I almost don't to put water in it and just leave it perfect the way it is... almost lol.

This tank is gonna be dope! How's it feel on the stand?

Thanks Mike (Mike built the skeleton for the stand for me). It feels pretty good on the stand. It is not completely level because the floor is not level, but the stand itself is solid. There are no uneven spaces that I can find on the top so I think I am good to go. I will be plumbing it tomorrow and hopefully get some water in it.

Mr. Microscope
Thanks man! You helped me figure out what I wanted in the next build so part of the credit goes to you.

Happy to help! Good luck with the rock-scaping!

Thanks everyone! I am very pleased with the craftsman ship. LeeMar did an awesome job! I will be working on the plumbing in the next two days so I will hopefully have water in it by Saturday. Now you all just need to send me some frags :P

I can hook you up with some zoas and palys, but I don't dare to venture into sps yet. I can't say that I won't miss a WC or something.

I spend some time filling up the tank and working on the plumbing over the last two days. I was able to get the herbie working well but I need to re-plumb the drain. I initially soft-plumbed the drain with a gate valve and vinyl tubing with barb fitting but I could not get them to stop leaking where the barbed fitting screws into the bulkhead. I am going to hard plumb the full siphon drain tonight or tomorrow and get the heart of the tank going ASAP. As of right now I have water, sand, and a pile of rocks in the DT and no water in the sump. This needs to be rectified!

Looking very nice, look forward to seeing more.

Thanks! I will have some more pics this weekend I hope.

Damn man that tank is beautiful. I wish I could have my tank with my mask collection but the useless dining room table is in the way!

I think you need to move the table because it is in the way of your mask collection :P

Looking good my friend, looking good!

Thanks! More goodness to come.

Happy to help! Good luck with the rock-scaping!

Thanks! I will be working on that this weekend.

THIS is the tank I've been looking for. Great dims.

*Subscribed*

Thanks! I wanted a good size between a 24x24x12 and my old 24x24x24 cube. I think this will do perfectly. I love it!

I can hook you up with some zoas and palys, but I don't dare to venture into sps yet. I can't say that I won't miss a WC or something.

Thanks dude. I may hit you up on that in the future.

Very nice craftsmanship! I just picked up some frags from a local and he had a 120 gallon rimless and I have to say they make awsome tanks, can't wait to see yours up and running

Very nice craftsmanship! I just picked up some frags from a local and he had a 120 gallon rimless and I have to say they make awsome tanks, can't wait to see yours up and running

Thanks! I don't think the stand is amazing, but it is ok for my first DIY woodworking project. It seems to be holding the weight well. No creaking or wobbliness at all.