ReefCleaners.org

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Nice pieces there, Indy!

Thanks man!

Ark,

I am also in SoCal and having a hard time finding corals from fellow hobbyists. Any recommendations on where to look?

You are in LA! That is probably one of the best places to find corals in the US. Try looking on SoCaliReefs.com for a lot of locals selling frags of everything. There is also a hobbyist board on RC for socal. Let me know if you have any problems finding locals with frags and I can point you in the right direction.

Post a wanted add in the classifieds.

This too.

Ark,

I am also in SoCal and having a hard time finding corals from fellow hobbyists. Any recommendations on where to look?

RealFish, check out Age of Aquariums in Long Beach/Signal Hill. Its a nice store, and they hold monthly SCRK meetings. $20 for the year, and they do food, frag swap, and raffles. You can get some good stuff for cheap, if retail prices are too high in your area.

New SPS are in! I'm glad they all arrived healthy. Nice sizes too.

Red Dragon

IMG_1380_zps5efe2837.jpg

And what are those Zoas I see in the background? Want, now!

Sweet!

I made 3 frags initially, but two of them melted after a couple days. This third one is doing well and is almost recovered. I also have frags of hawkins echinata, ATL shades of fall if you are interested.

I made 3 frags initially, but two of them melted after a couple days. This third one is doing well and is almost recovered. I also have frags of hawkins echinata, ATL shades of fall if you are interested.

Definitely interested in both!

I came home yesterday to my mini-colony of Shades of Fall pretty much fully RTN. I tried some fragging but I lost about 90% of it. I still have 3 or 4 small frags that seem to be doing alright. Really bummed as I paid extra to get a large piece of that one. O well.

I wish I could get this one hawkins echinata

All you have to do is come out to Santa Barbara :) I might consider shipping frags once my frags and mini-colonies grow out some more.

MOOOAOR PICS

i love your tank

Thanks! I'll get more pics in when I place the new acros.

If it makes you feel any better, I just recently threw out my 3" Aqua delight, which I had for nearly a year and was received from Greg Hiller.

You win some & lose some, all part of the game with keeping SPS.

BTW, the tank is coming along nicely!

Dude, that sucks! That happened to my Strawberry Shortcake acro. Overnight RTN. But I had it in a pico, probably not the best environments.

Ya... I am actually going to pick up a frag of SS tomorrow if everything works out alright. You are brave to put that $$ in a pico!

If it makes you feel any better, I just recently threw out my 3" Aqua delight, which I had for nearly a year and was received from Greg Hiller.

You win some & lose some, all part of the game with keeping SPS.

BTW, the tank is coming along nicely!

Ouch! Your right though, it is all part of the game. I know the risks, but it doesn't take away the sting. I have to wait a year to grow out these small frags to get where I was now. It could have been worse I guess. I'm just glad the Red Dragon is doing well. Nobody else has it in my area as far as I am aware.

Too bad about the shades of fall... Tank looks awesome!

Thanks Latte!

Oooh nice pick ups! that red dragon is nice! :)

Thanks Got2envy! I think it will quickly become one of my favs.

Custom 24x24x16 (rimless tank drilled three times (2 1'' drains for herbie style and a 3/4'' return)

DIY stand

10g no frills AGA sump

x1 Ecotech Radion LED unit

x2 Ecotech mp10wes

Super Reef Octopus INT 1000 skimmer

Tunze Osmolator

Mag 7 return with Phosban 150 tee'd into return for carbon/GFO

JNS biopellet reactor (cool cyclone pellet motion)

x2 BRS 1.1ml/m dosers for use with Bionic two part

LR from marcorocks

Tropic Eden reef sand (50/50 split between reeflakes and miniflakes)

FTS History:

01/02/2012

IMG_1365_zps6bf1c957.jpg

12/05/2012

IMG_1286.jpg

11/14/2012

IMG_1173.jpg

11/04/2012

IMG_1108.jpg

10/14/2012

IMG_1074.jpg

Awesomw tank!

The pics are really good but to appreciate the rock work and depth and colors, you gotta see this thing in person. It is frickin' awesome!

Thanks Brian!

This tank is amazing! I dont know how I missed it for this long. I'm sorry to hear about the SOF RTNing on ya, I lost a couple nice colonys recently the same way..

Strawberry Shortcake

IMG_1394_zpsee6ee8e0.jpg

This is what survived from the Shades of Fall mini colony. Something is better than nothing

IMG_1397_zps4316c940.jpg

Red Dragon

IMG_1393_zpsf09dfae6.jpg

IMG_1417_zpsd8faace6.jpg

This is the best pic I have gotten of the Possum Wrasse. It hangs out in the back and in the rocks a lot, but it is coming out more and more

IMG_1416_zpsa84d3a4a.jpg

IMG_1414_zpsdc05fe79.jpg

IMG_1413_zpse43729dc.jpg

IMG_1408_zpsa6e6e330.jpg

IMG_1406_zpsfbde6481.jpg

New RBTA. The clowns love it, but ignore the GBTA. I guess they have good taste.

IMG_1404_zps8d695d9e.jpg

IMG_1402_zps69c4e9a6.jpg

IMG_1396_zpsb64aa62d.jpg

Right Side

IMG_1400_zps67b543b3.jpg

Left Side

IMG_1399_zps4d9b393b.jpg

• Like 1

I have a similar size tank 24x24x12 and have 2 mp10's as well. Do you find the best placement for both of them on the same side like that? I currently have mine around 50% speed on reef crest mode.

Great looking tank! I love that shallow look :)

Thanks! I love it too!

I have a similar size tank 24x24x12 and have 2 mp10's as well. Do you find the best placement for both of them on the same side like that? I currently have mine around 50% speed on reef crest mode.

I have moved the mp10s so that they are on opposite sides of the tank and staggered; one more forward and one further back. I find this placement to be the best option.