SaltCritters.com

DIY Media Basket for the JBJ 28g DX

craftytony

Hey everyone, I am wanting to build a media basket for my JBJ 28g DX and was wondering if anyone else had made one and if you were willing to share photos/diagrams/etc. I'd really like to get one made this weekend and any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

tony

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm in the process of making my own media basket. Except its not really a basket. It's more of a shelf to allow my rowPhos And chemipure elite to hang from, and my sponge filter to rest on top of it. I didn't like the stock media basket because it seemed to make the water over flow. And I would see tons of detrius in the rear sump. It's hard to explain. But think of how the stones are placed in stone hedge. My media basket will be like that except the support will be acrylic with holes drilled into the bottom of the support to allow max flow through rear sump. The top will be egg crate to also allow max flow. But that's where I'll hang my media bag, and on top of the egg crate is where ill place my sponge filter. I don't really see the point in a 3 stage filter for a reef tank. Since biological filter is the rock. Hope it helps for an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a quick update haven't been on forever hence the post count. this is what it looks like. and seemed to do the job. one quick mod i need to do is still drill the side supports to allow more flow still

post-73589-1348603911_thumb.jpg

Archived