inTank Media Baskets

Budget 5 gallon pico *Six Year anniversary*

ssteven1

MY reef is now six years old.  It is not fancy but it's still running.  In the last year it survived a move across the room when I had to get another entertainment center.  I honesty have been neglecting it a little this year.   Only changed the water three times in the last year.  It helps that right now it is only a coral only reef right now.  I top it off with bottled drinking water  LOL.  I feed it a little food every couple a weeks.  I think the trick it is easy corals.  I do have a small bubble algea problem but it stays under control.  The cool thing that happen is that the light shines on the HOB filter where it enters the water and is grow algae there which I just pick off every couple of weeks (built in algae scrubber).    Also once a year I change out the heater because I had one go bad in another tank that killed by aquarium when I was at work.  They are cheap, switch them out often.  I run this tank very basic with a heater set on 78 a cheap led light and a tetra pf-10 filter (has pretty decent flow).  That is all for the last six years.  I also cut a glass top to cut down on evaporation.

Due to time constraints I have had to shut down my bigger tank but my nano keep in in the reef game and given me peace of mind.  

tank 8-25-18.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • 3 weeks later...