ReefCleaners.org

Help with RSM 250 skimmer

IPv6Freely

I'm having a hard time with my red sea max 250 skimmer. The instructions don't help much.

As soon as I turn the skimmer on, the collection cup fills up to the brim with water and the entire thing foams over. I thought a skimmer collection cup was supposed to be empty except for the skimmate?

I'm not sure how to adjust this thing. turning the valve seemed to do pretty much nothing, and it doesnt seem to stop turning in either direction so I cant even tell when its all the way open or closed. How high should the "foam adjuster" be?

Can somebody please provide some clarity?

I'm having a hard time with my red sea max 250 skimmer. The instructions don't help much.

As soon as I turn the skimmer on, the collection cup fills up to the brim with water and the entire thing foams over. I thought a skimmer collection cup was supposed to be empty except for the skimmate?

I'm not sure how to adjust this thing. turning the valve seemed to do pretty much nothing, and it doesnt seem to stop turning in either direction so I cant even tell when its all the way open or closed. How high should the "foam adjuster" be?

Can somebody please provide some clarity?

My skimmate usually sits about 1/4" below the top of the skimmer when collection cup is removed and it runs fine. Mine will overflow if the sponge that goes above the pump is not in place. My valve is about halfway open. Hope this helps

Archived