SaltCritters.com

I may have a monster on my hands...

Kfmmartin19

It could be a ghost crab, but they are more terrestrial then aquatic.

Ghost crabs need time out of the water. Unless it's living under the tank and crawling back in to hunt then there's really no way it's a ghost.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you. Believe me, if it was still summer and I had the time, I would probably stay up all night trying to lure it out. But with such a busy schedule, plus the fact that it just seems so unlikely that it is there, I don't want to waste that much time, you know what I'm saying? Im sure that one day when I'm really bored and have nothin else to do, if I think about it, I will probably go on a crab hunt. Until then, I really see no reason to go after it. This does not make me a troll.

You are not a troll Martin, but because of the length of this thread and the back and forth about that crab, and no searches done for them because you say you have no time, people are getting a little frustrated I think.

To get all this over and done with, I would try to find the time to take the tank apart, and determine whether there really is one, whether you find more parts of it, and show some pictures.

If you do not find one, well then it either died a long time ago, or something else went on that some have alluded to but that you say is not possible.

Just my thoughts

So, Martin. You still have all your fingers and toes? Set up a live feed video from the back of the tank, there will be people watching.....

+1 I think this is a good idea. Easier than trying to move all your rocks looking for a crab that might not even be there.

+1 I think this is a good idea. Easier than trying to move all your rocks looking for a crab that might not even be there.

True. That way anybody tired of this thread can just watch the video all the time, in lieu of clicking the "unsubscribe" button.

:lol:

Archived