Pod Your Reef

Scam: Father Passed Away, Need Money For Plane Ticket Entire Setup For Sale

Challenger

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really sorry for your loss challenger. Just let us know how much you still need. Ill definitely throw in some to help get you to phoenix.

thadscottmoore
Sorry for the loss, Busses are only 200 if it helps

airlines are a short few hours and buses are days of travel. especially from Florida to Arizona.

Sorry for the delays everyone, things have been crazy this morning trying to get things sorted out. The donations you guys have sent in have greatly helped me, I'm almost 3/4 of the way there. I called the other airlines, and even with the bevearence fare, $438 is the cheapest ticket I have come across. Tulipgirl, which airline did you find that was $409?

And thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I've never lost anyone close to me before, and it is really hard to deal with...I don't think it's actually sunk in yet...I still don't want to believe it.

Deleted User 3

It wasn't a specific Airline, i think it may have been mixed. I went on orbitz and travelocity, and typed in flights, and the first one was 409.

It wasn't a specific Airline, i think it may have been mixed. I went on orbitz and travelocity, and typed in flights, and the first one was 409.

Gotcha, I'll give that a shot.

That would be nice, but I need to be there on Monday as that is when we will find out what happened, cause of death, etc...

Yeah, sorry =\. Its 438 now. Check out the other page with the person who has the voucher and PM him.

Yeah $436 is the cheapest I found on Kayak :( but I must've missed that, I'll go take a look!

• Like 1
Deleted User 3
I have a 400$ travel voucher you can have if you fly United, I don't need it any more. Unfortunately its non-transferable so I'd have to order the ticket for you and I understand if that's too creepy/ you don't think its safe.

tvouch.jpg

Here

Sorry to hear about the loss man. My father passed away last year at the young age of 62. I hope you don't have to sell your tank. As mentioned before it will be rough and it slowly gets easier. I still cry sometimes as I lay in the bed before going to sleep. I still have his number on my cell phone because I can't let go of that. Every time I scroll through my contacts I think about him. As we get older it sucks because people start to die. I send prayers to you and your family and I am glad that you can lean on the reefing community on here. I don't know you personally, but if you need someone to talk to to ask questions, or how I dealt with my situation, feel free to message me and I will give you my number

Sorry to hear about the loss man. My father passed away last year at the young age of 62. I hope you don't have to sell your tank. As mentioned before it will be rough and it slowly gets easier. I still cry sometimes as I lay in the bed before going to sleep. I still have his number on my cell phone because I can't let go of that. Every time I scroll through my contacts I think about him. As we get older it sucks because people start to die. I send prayers to you and your family and I am glad that you can lean on the reefing community on here. I don't know you personally, but if you need someone to talk to to ask questions, or how I dealt with my situation, feel free to message me and I will give you my number

I am very sorry to hear about your loss as well. Before yesterday I always said I could never imagine how someone feels after losing a loved one, especially someone as close as their own father. Skip ahead a day or two and here I am, living what I thought I could never imagine...it sucks and it's hard to accept. I don't want to. I'm sure after the funeral and everything I'll send you a message. Talking to someone who has gone through the same thing could definitely help...thank you and I am very sorry again :(

Deleted User 3

I feel the same way as you felt before this Challenger. If it's any kind of pain like it was for me when my best friend (my dog) got hit by a car and seriously injured almost died, then I kind of know how you feel. It's horrible. I haven't lost a family member or friend yet, my own father died when I was 10 days old from cancer. He was the same age I am now, the older I get the more sad I am about it, I think because I understand now. Hopefully this will get better for you, and don't forget that life on earth is short and in no time you will see him again! Have a safe trip.

Thank you for the words of encouragement and inspiration, I am very sorry to hear about your loss and experiences as well. Hopefully things will get better with time, and I know one day soon I'll be with him again on the other side. I tell myself he is in a better place looking down on me now..

When My father passed away, I called friends who had lost their father as well. It really helped me because I couldn't understand how someone could move on past this. I will be getting a tattoo in memory of him as well pretty soon. When you're at the funeral home, try to bring up all the good memories. The funny times, the good times, the things that made him special. It was really tough on me because my father wanted to be cremated, and I live in Va Beach, and he lived in Georgia, and I didn't make it home in time to see his body. I really wanted to see him one last time to say my final good byes. I know it will be hard, but cherish the time you get with him this one last time. I will be thinking of you when I say my prayer tonight. Not sure your age but I am 30 years old, so hopefully I am close to your age and if we speak on the phone, you can relate to some of the things I went through and start the healing!

Thank you for the words of encouragement and inspiration, I am very sorry to hear about your loss and experiences as well. Hopefully things will get better with time, and I know one day soon I'll be with him again on the other side. I tell myself he is in a better place looking down on me now..

Agreed.. You have to know that he is watching over you, and you must make him proud every day. One day you will reunite with him and it will be awesome!

When My father passed away, I called friends who had lost their father as well. It really helped me because I couldn't understand how someone could move on past this. I will be getting a tattoo in memory of him as well pretty soon. When you're at the funeral home, try to bring up all the good memories. The funny times, the good times, the things that made him special. It was really tough on me because my father wanted to be cremated, and I live in Va Beach, and he lived in Georgia, and I didn't make it home in time to see his body. I really wanted to see him one last time to say my final good byes. I know it will be hard, but cherish the time you get with him this one last time. I will be thinking of you when I say my prayer tonight. Not sure your age but I am 30 years old, so hopefully I am close to your age and if we speak on the phone, you can relate to some of the things I went through and start the healing!

I'm glad that it did help you to speak with others who went through the same thing. Hopefully I can do the same and give you a call as well...I have definitely been thinking of all the good memories we shared, I've been watching the stupid movies that no one else got but us, the old tv shows, listening to the music we both liked...just thinking about the good and how he's in a better place. I am really hoping he didn't have to suffer...I can't even imagine how much worse it was for you not being able to see his body one last time...I'm sorry to hear that and for the loss of your father. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers, that means a lot to me.

Losing your dad sucks, bro. My dad passed away at 58 years young 10 years ago.

Paypal sent. Keep your head up.

It definitely does, I am very sorry for your loss :(

But thank you very much.

No doubt man!!! Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything

Thanks a ton, you guys are definitely making this that much easier for me.

Archived