Top Shelf Aquatics

Scam: Father Passed Away, Need Money For Plane Ticket Entire Setup For Sale

Challenger

Sent what I could!

Lost my best friend last year not even an hour after hanging out with him..wouldnt know what I would have done if i wasn't able to be on the next flight back to be there for him and his family.

I am sure there are other ways that you can pay it forward vs selling your stuff.

Thank you and I am very sorry to hear that :(

Contact or call an airline and ask them about bereavement air fare. Tell them your DAD passed away. They will want to know details about funeral home, his name, etc.

I did this a few years back when my uncle died and the price was significantly less than regular price.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the details, once everything is figured out I will make sure to call around.

• Like 1
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeflonTomDosh
if I get my stuff sold, I am going to pay you guys back and return any donations I receive.

This falls under the same rules of lending $. If you ain't got it, or you're expecting it back, don't give it out., LOL.

bottom line, if I gotta take a road trip (would love a week away from the gf) to get you to AZ, that's what we'll do!

Don't loose your tank also man this is a great community and well all try to help you out. I am unemployed and on limited income but i still sent you $10. Better than nothing i guess. This is great pain i almost lost my mom back in December due to a heart attack and stroke in less than 24 hours. I'm sure you will have enough for your ticket in no time.

Don't loose your tank also man this is a great community and well all try to help you out. I am unemployed and on limited income but i still sent you $10. Better than nothing i guess. This is great pain i almost lost my mom back in December due to a heart attack and stroke in less than 24 hours. I'm sure you will have enough for your ticket in no time.

Thank you, and I am very sorry to hear about that. Thankfully she made it though, hopefully she's alive and well today?

Thank you for the details, once everything is figured out I will make sure to call around.

Be sure to do that, the difference can be huge.

Contributed to your cause, hang tough!

Where's the Paypal thread? I could give a few bucks, it wouldn't be much but selling your tank AND having your father pass away at almost the same time is way to much :(

Hope you feel better...

Thank you, and I am very sorry to hear about that. Thankfully she made it though, hopefully she's alive and well today?

No problem yeah she is still around with us thanking God and or virgin everyday. She is not the same as before lost some movement and she is not as strong as before. You can pay us back by making sure that tank looks awesome.

I'm sorry for you loss. I don't have much, but sent what I could. hopefully a little bit could go a long way in this situation. I wish you the best.

Be sure to do that, the difference can be huge.

Contributed to your cause, hang tough!

Thank you so much. And I just did receive a call...family wants me to be in Phoenix on Monday as that is when we find out exactly what happened. The viewing is next Friday with the funeral following the next day. I can't believe I am actually saying this stuff...I don't want it to be real...

Where's the Paypal thread? I could give a few bucks, it wouldn't be much but selling your tank AND having your father pass away at almost the same time is way to much :(

Hope you feel better...

Thank you, I'm trying to get through it. I've never had to deal with anything like this before. I don't know what's gonna happen during the viewing...

And I don't believe there is a separate thread. I did post my paypal address a page back I believe.

No problem yeah she is still around with us thanking God and or virgin everyday. She is not the same as before lost some movement and she is not as strong as before. You can pay us back by making sure that tank looks awesome.

She is still with you, that's all that matters. I am glad to hear that and happy for you.

If the tank is still here, I'll make sure to dedicate it to all of you guys.

I'm sorry for you loss. I don't have much, but sent what I could. hopefully a little bit could go a long way in this situation. I wish you the best.

Thank you, I really do appreciate it.

How much do you still need for the ticket?

I don't think he knows for sure yet.

Hopefully I'll know for sure tomorrow after I make some calls to the airlines :(

Hopefully I'll know for sure tomorrow after I make some calls to the airlines :(

Airlines are still open. Call now.

Airlines are still open. Call now.

X2 Waiting till morning could seriously up your ticket price

I didn't even think to try tonight since it's already past midnight. I'll call them right now...thanks guys

chippwalters

PayPal sent.

Truly sorry for your loss. Mom died only two months ago-- it does get better with time. If possible, try and not make any life-changing decisions in the next two weeks. If you can keep your aquarium, you may find it a great source of comfort-- for meditation and reflection-- it really did help me.

May God bless you.

Thank you both and I am so sorry about your loss :(

And to update you guys on flights...I found only 4 airlines that still offer bereavement discounts exluding those such as Air Canada, etc. Two of those airlines only offer a 5% discount, and the other two I will have to call back tomorrow after I get the hospital and funeral home information from family members in Phoenix. I'll keep you all updated :(

Thank you again everyone, I can't thank you enough.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
paypal sent. Hope it helps get you there and keep your tank.

My condolences for your loss. Wish I could do more.

Bump

If you've gotten enough support from these GENEROUS people at nano-reef.com, keep the tank. Don't make rash decisions as you aren't in the proper state of mind. I wish the best for you and your family.

Yeah, it gets better is about the only thing you can say. I lost my dad suddenly from a ruptured aorta this December; he was only 58. It won't really sink in until after the funeral and things calm down.

Many airlines will also let you to change your travel plans without the usual $150 penalty. United let me change my return flight by over two weeks with just a phone call.

I have a 400$ travel voucher you can have if you fly United, I don't need it any more. Unfortunately its non-transferable so I'd have to order the ticket for you and I understand if that's too creepy/ you don't think its safe.

tvouch.jpg

Archived