Top Shelf Aquatics

Scam: Father Passed Away, Need Money For Plane Ticket Entire Setup For Sale

Challenger

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
He was signed in last september 4th. Feeling like we were all taken advantage of as a caring community over here. Live and learn I suppose.

Wow - Read through this thread for the first time and I'm glad so many of you are real, down to earth, caring human beings. However..After I saw him stop posting after a while I kinda got the feeling you did. When I first saw the thread I remember seeing that he was a new member from July 1st of this year. Me being me - Skeptical red flag.

Hopefully that's not the case... 100 forums x 400 = 40k...

Wow - Read this thread for the first time and I'm glad so many of you are real, down to earth, caring human beings. However..After I saw him stop posting after a while I kinda got the feeling you did.

Hopefully that's not the case... 100 forums x 400 = 40k...

He got more than 400 plus a free flight ticket.

He never asked for donations, they were offered by kind N-R members. He just wanted to sell his hardware for cash. Did anyone buy any of it?

If he took $10 from me he needed it more than I did. Karma is a #####. Haha.

Lets hope no one actually died and he actually just stole a few bucks from people. This kind of reminds me of that kid that started to scam everyone here in the classifieds! What a rotten kid that was. No backbone.

If he took $10 from me he needed it more than I did. Karma is a #####. Haha.

I try this as a general rule but a scam is a scam and robbery is robbery. Granted, if an unfortunate event happened to me at that age...I'm not sure I'd make it to update a forum. Quite a bit on the kid's plate if his story is true.

God bless him and his family if something did happen. I'm just a little skeptical now. I ony gave a few bucks as that is all I could afford at the time, but I believe atleast one person gave over 100 bucks. Whether he was offered or forced to take the money, a follow up on how he is doing and a thank you would be nice.

Not trying to sound insensitive, but his school and work life gave him 5 days bereavement at tops. I think that's enough time to just log on and say thanks and the tank is doing fine.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

Lets not forget that he didn't ask for the donations. You guys offered. It was your choice. Hopefully he actually needed it but if he didn't, than so be it.

• 3 weeks later...
TeflonTomDosh

My momma always told me it's only a good deed if you don't tell anyone about it. I'd also add that it's only a good deed if you don't expect anything in return. If you sent him $, you had it to spare. To me, asking for an update is expecting something in return. Why don't all you wanna-be mystery solvers go find out where Jimmy Hoffa is?

Lets hope no one actually died and he actually just stole a few bucks from people. This kind of reminds me of that kid that started to scam everyone here in the classifieds! What a rotten kid that was. No backbone.

Not sure what kid you speak of. hahaha.

Either way I hope he used the money as we intended. If he didn't and it was a scam then oh well. I know I tried to do something right even if I was taken advantage of.

The problem if it was some type of scam (I'm hoping it wasn't). Is that in the future there may be someone that may have a legit crisis and people will be hesitant to help.

My momma always told me it's only a good deed if you don't tell anyone about it. I'd also add that it's only a good deed if you don't expect anything in return. If you sent him $, you had it to spare. To me, asking for an update is expecting something in return. Why don't all you wanna-be mystery solvers go find out where Jimmy Hoffa is?

This, 100%

yeah, would love a little extra but who wouldn't.

I have a million of dollars sitting in my bank account .

please provide me your bank account, name and address and a phone # so I could wire you some money to help out with the family situation.

please also provide a picture ID with your real address as well

I have a million of dollars sitting in my bank account .

please provide me your bank account, name and address and a phone # so I could wire you some money to help out with the family situation.

please also provide a picture ID with your real address as well

LOL yeah like that's going to happen. Want his social security number and mother's maiden name while he's at it?

Archived