SaltCritters.com

Scam: Father Passed Away, Need Money For Plane Ticket Entire Setup For Sale

Challenger

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you checked out southwest.com i know they have the wanna get away special pricing sometimes around $200 or so.

Have you checked out southwest.com i know they have the wanna get away special pricing sometimes around $200 or so.

I did take a look at Southwest, but unfortunately for the dates I've selected they were one of the more pricier ones..

TeflonTomDosh
Sorry for the delays everyone, things have been crazy this morning trying to get things sorted out. The donations you guys have sent in have greatly helped me, I'm almost 3/4 of the way there. I called the other airlines, and even with the bevearence fare, $438 is the cheapest ticket I have come across. Tulipgirl, which airline did you find that was $409?

And thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I've never lost anyone close to me before, and it is really hard to deal with...I don't think it's actually sunk in yet...I still don't want to believe it.

You might want to fly from Tampa bro as that's a bigger airport than Orlando has and probably can get some better fares..I just looked and flights leaving Monday are as low as 250

Sorry for the delays everyone, things have been crazy this morning trying to get things sorted out. The donations you guys have sent in have greatly helped me, I'm almost 3/4 of the way there. I called the other airlines, and even with the bevearence fare, $438 is the cheapest ticket I have come across. Tulipgirl, which airline did you find that was $409?

And thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I've never lost anyone close to me before, and it is really hard to deal with...I don't think it's actually sunk in yet...I still don't want to believe it.

Orbitz is showing roundtrips at around $440. Did you check with them? They must be able to give you lower than that, otherwise the agent is lying and you need to speak with someone higher up. At least you have enough to get there!

Not sure of your family situation but do you think they could chip in as well? If not, Ill definitely try to help out some more.

Sent a little cash your way. Sorry for your loss. My wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 22 years old and passed away six months later leaving me with two young sons to raise. I hope you have a good family dynamic that can help you through this grieving process man. You will get through it.

I just want to thank each and every one of you guys here on NR. I was able to book my flight yesterday, and there is no way I would've been able to do that without the help and support from you guys. I am so greatful to have come across such a wonderful community and you guys will forever have a warm spot in my heart. Thank you everyone, I wish there was some way I could repay you. You guys deserve it. I know good things will come your way!

Sorry for your loss. but why you have to resort to community forum for help instead your own family members? No one in the family can spot you some cash in the light of the situation?

Many families have difficulties paying for college, bills and a funeral all at once. Challenger never once asked for money, it was volunteered. Keep your thoughts to yourself. I am glad if the small amount of money I sent helped him in anyway to see his family at this time.

Hey buddy I live in orlando too I go to UCF if you need someone to talk to or hang out let me know. I do a lot of wakeboarding and surfing if you like to do that stuff too.

Many families have difficulties paying for college, bills and a funeral all at once. Challenger never once asked for money, it was volunteered. Keep your thoughts to yourself. I am glad if the small amount of money I sent helped him in anyway to see his family at this time.

+1 it wasn't his intention to ask for money, people offered to help pay for it instead of selling his tank setup.

Challenger, really glad everything worked out, wish you and your family the best

+1.... Members are here decided to help him. He never asked, maybe you should go read the whole thread. Also, I pray that you have both parents. I lost my dad last year and I know what this young man is going through.

Sorry for your loss. but why you have to resort to community forum for help instead your own family members? No one in the family can spot you some cash in the light of the situation?

There's always one..... I started reading this thread last nite, and to be honest I got a warm fuzzy feeling all over. Im new to this community, and it's a wonderful thing when a community comes together to help one of there own. It makes me believe there's hope for mankind after all.. :D I'm proud to be a part of such a great group of people.

There's always one..... I started reading this thread last nite, and to be honest I got a warm fuzzy feeling all over. Im new to this community, and it's a wonderful thing when a community comes together to help one of there own. It makes me believe there's hope for mankind after all.. :D I'm proud to be a part of such a great group of people.

Yup. He never asked for a dime. Was just gonna bail on the hobby so he could get home. I won't let that happen.

When Jeremai(who was a HUGE member of our community) passed away a few months ago I collected donations in his honor. We donated over $100 in his honor to the Salvation Army which was his favorite organization. Pretty sure if someone mentioned they had some massive medical bills about to pile up in a thread the donations would start pouring in. That is just how we are around here.

Yup. He never asked for a dime. Was just gonna bail on the hobby so he could get home. I won't let that happen.

When Jeremai(who was a HUGE member of our community) passed away a few months ago I collected donations in his honor. We donated over $100 in his honor to the Salvation Army which was his favorite organization. Pretty sure if someone mentioned they had some massive medical bills about to pile up in a thread the donations would start pouring in. That is just how we are around here.

And I was glad to do that then and now for challenger.

I don't mind helping people if I think they are doing what they can to help themselves. Sadly, that's not the way this country seems to be going with a lot of people expecting something for nothing.

There is one thing about this community, they will help those in time of need.

If you need any more help let me know. I can always squeeze $20 out of the budget somehow. I had to rely on donations to bury my Dad many years ago, so I'll be there if you need it.

I went into a drunken depression for two years until I realized that if Dad could see my now, the last thing he would want is for me to die too. So be glad that he's at rest and don't let guilt or loss destroy you like it almost did me.

Keep your tank and we'll get you there.

Hello all been browsing on here some some time I just registured when I seen this. I work for DELTA Airlines I could get him a really cheap Buddy Pass (Stand-By) ticket if he wanted to go that route. Sorry for your loss :(

TeflonTomDosh

He already booked his ticket. I'm pretty sure he's flown out to Phoenix already. If not, he will be later today....Prayers for him & his family in the interim

Reef Hollister
I just want to thank each and every one of you guys here on NR. I was able to book my flight yesterday, and there is no way I would've been able to do that without the help and support from you guys. I am so greatful to have come across such a wonderful community and you guys will forever have a warm spot in my heart. Thank you everyone, I wish there was some way I could repay you. You guys deserve it. I know good things will come your way!

Don't give another thought about how you can repay us. You don't have to because we did it due to many of us have lost parents and realize what you are dealing with. We felt it was a way to honor our parents memories. Some of us did it because we remember a time someone we didn't know was thoughtful and generous to us in a time of need. Some of us did it simply because it was the right thing to do. Repay us by thinking about this when you come across a person in need and have the opportunity to pass it on. We will be repaid then. God Bless.

Archived