Cultivated Reef

Scam: Father Passed Away, Need Money For Plane Ticket Entire Setup For Sale

Challenger

This stuff is so powerful that it etches glass and will melt fiberglass. It comes in a gel/paste form that sticks to vertical surfaces.

klean-strip-gallon.jpg

Oh, it comes in a spray can too.

803484.jpg

Jus' sayin.

• Like 1
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

0o0o0o0o.... in other news.. that to me is as equally as omfg as this... Kim K is pregnant with Kayne's bebbee. Fricken redic.. she's gonna be a horrible mother... lol I thought she'd get like 40 and be like oh well no kids for me..

This stuff is so powerful that it etches glass and will melt fiberglass. It comes in a gel/paste form that sticks to vertical surfaces.

Oh, it comes in a spray can too.

Jus' sayin.

As far as I know, there isn't a single law in America against the production of thermite.

How long till someone posts this on 4chan or reddit?

I've been waiting to hear that this kid has to move due to people sending him crap and calling nonstop

TeflonTomDosh

I'm waiting for Tom to write back in here.

Sorry, just woke up. No response from any of his friends or him, oh well. At least the cat is out of the bag, he most likely won't be scamming here again. Either way, today is my birthday, so if every forum member can send 1$ to my paypal it'd be greatly appreciated.

nanolutionary

I'm getting this right that the dude who initially posted was trying to flog his fish tank pronto by saying his dad's dead when he's not.

i've heard of people telling their employers about relatives passing if they're gonna get fired but to sell a fish tank seems unnecessary to use this as a unique selling point...

Christopher Marks

Challenger and his known alts have been banned from the site.

I suggest everyone submit a claim through PayPal or their credit card companies for their donations and try your best to get your money back. I would advise everyone to use caution towards contacting or approaching this person, while I imagine everyone here is venting their frustration and joking, many of the things mentioned in this discussion are clearly harassment and assault. Use appropriate avenues to seek a resolution, and consider how your actions or statements could affect our community.

Sorry to get all 'Dad' on everyone, but please just keep things in perspective. As a community we can be more vigilant together towards preventing such occurrences in the future.

• Like 5

I found out my father passed away this morning...I'm a 20 year old college student and literally spent all my money on this setup that's been running for 2 months. I need to sell everything as quickly as possible so I can afford a plane ticket back to Phoenix. Would like to sell my entire setup, will part out. Just need money and can't focus on aquariums right now. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions. I will accept best offers on anything...I am in Orlando, FL and will ship everything but the tank/stand.

$325.00 for LED setup OR BEST OFFER

$125.00 for tank and stand

$60.00 for sump

$25.00 for pump

Corals and tomato clown included with tank unless you're interested in livestock only.

DIY Full Spectrum 48 LED setup

All parts from StevesLEDs

24 Royal Blue Luxeon Rebel ES

12 Neutral White Luxeon Rebel ES

4 Cyan Luxeon Rebel ES

4 Deep Red Luxeon Rebel ES

4 UV

2 Double Drivers (each can run 2 strings of 6-7 LEDs, 12-14 total)

1 Quad Driver (runs 4 strings of 6-7 LEDs, 24-28 total)

200w Power Supply (fully powers the system with over 50w to spare)

2 6x9" black rapidled heatsinks which LEDs are mounted to (easily removable if needed)

The blues are on one string, the whites are on one, then the colors are on one. All dimmable.

Also selling my tank which is a 40g breeder drilled with 5 holes. 3 for the beananimal overflow and 2 for the returns. Back is painted black and trim is painted white. Also have a matching white custom stand.

Also selling a berlin style sump rated for tanks much, much larger than this and a quietone 3000 pump.

I have a few corals in the tank that are very healthy. 5 zoa frags including fire/ice and keds redds, strawberry fields chalice frag and sunset monti frag.

attachicon.giftank.jpg

Sorry for the lack of descriptions, I am in a hurry and have a lot on my mind. Please PM me or you can text me at (407) 284-9223 with any questions. Or my email is mobdetailing@gmail.com if you prefer that.Thank you...

The general affection shown by the community is commendable.

However, I have to ask how nobody could recognize this as a scam from the get-go.

If my father died unexpectedly, the last thing that would be on my mind is 'jump to random message board and try to get sympathy by selling stuff'. It would most likely be, put it on credit card, borrow from family member, worry about how to get the money to payback later.

If it were a trusted member with a few thousand posts, I could understand the unquestioned outpouring of support. But someone with 40 posts is questionable.

"Litetrally spent all my money on this setup". Well, then, how do you afford the computer and intenet to post with?

Sorry, but the original post reeks of suspcision.

nanolutionary

The best way to make money from the internet and guilt free was explained to me by my good friend from school when she told me she used to go onto chat rooms and say she was a 15/16 yr old school girl (even though she was at the time 18). Of course lots of men who wanted to see a school girl on webcam would beg her to chat to them off the chatroom personally on MSN messenger or similar. She would agree to whichever man was seeming the most pervy then lay out her school uniform on the bed and say she would change into her school outfit and do a 'sexy dance' whilst still on the camera if they transferred money into her paypal account, when they did she would tell them where to go and to stop getting off on school girls getting changed!

I thought it was brilliant.

I'm new here, just found this thread, just read all 20 pages, sent no money.... But I wan't to personally let Challenger know that I hope he goes and crashes his car into a huge propane tank. Drop dead you lying #####.

TeflonTomDosh

The best way to make money from the internet and guilt free was explained to me by my good friend from school when she told me she used to go onto chat rooms and say she was a 15/16 yr old school girl (even though she was at the time 18). Of course lots of men who wanted to see a school girl on webcam would beg her to chat to them off the chatroom personally on MSN messenger or similar. She would agree to whichever man was seeming the most pervy then lay out her school uniform on the bed and say she would change into her school outfit and do a 'sexy dance' whilst still on the camera if they transferred money into her paypal account, when they did she would tell them where to go and to stop getting off on school girls getting changed!

I thought it was brilliant.

Sounds like you have a real classy circle of friends Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

I'm new here, just found this thread, just read all 20 pages, sent no money.... But I wan't to personally let Challenger know that I hope he goes and crashes his car into a huge propane tank. Drop dead you lying #####.

:welcome:

• Like 2

Archived