ReefCleaners.org

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

The starfish died. I wasn't hopefully about it shipping well.

My tiny anemone crab is living in one of my rock anemones now :)

Oh no :( Do they not ship well?

I think we need a photo if the anemone crab in the rock anemone ;)

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No so much that they don't ship well, Just sensitive. That shipment did not go smoothly. It was on the porch for 2 hours before my husband got home. He called me(to tell me the jawfish was dead) and I had him put the bags in the sump to warm up until I got home. I ended up getting home much later than planned. I was worried about ammonia in the bag so the acclimation was less than ideal.

These guys need a loooong acclimation that it just didn't get.

I was ordering some zoas from K&P aquatics so I threw in a starfish as well. Flsvedlund has had a lot of luck with hers so I think it will go better. I think K&P has a heartier species.

I don't have the brittle starfish from them, but my nano stars have been super healthy and long lived (so far so good). Just zoas and a starfish ordered?

I think I threw in an orange turbo as well. It was a small order so I could get cheap shipping :) Now I'm wishing I had gotten a mated pair of jawfish though

I know I owe ya;ll a lot more pictures, but this is all I got today before the lights went out.

Finnegan

finny.jpg

This tank is full of dragons!! Great pic!!!!!

I haven't looked at your tank page since you upgraded to the 65 but it looks great.

Story on your beautiful golden dward eel.

Not sure if you knew but they (living art) had her (size) for probably 3 or 4 weeks before they put her in the display tank. She wasn't eating during that time. I had told them that if she did eat I would buy her. (One day spent an hour watching to see if she would eat a live ghost shrimp) But she never did so so Scott added her to the display to get her to eat.....Was there when he did it and he was like she'll be awesome display for the tank.

So I come in the next week and Scott said he had sold her. You must have some pull on Scotty for him to rip apart the entire display. I still give him crap.

However I'm extremely happy that she went to someone like you and that she is doing great.

I'm going through my growing pains too, upgraded from a 14 gallon to a 75 gallon. Stocking list is going to be some unique/rare wrasse. As you know I already have one:)

Also couldn't help but read your earlier post if you were looking for a blue spot, Living Art has 2 (they had 3 but I grabbed one yesterday).

How is your clown doing? I believe we bought our clowns at the same time. My black ice is a little pig.

Now I have to fix my overflow as my turbo has caused one + tank overflows (luckly someone was in the room when it happened. + was when I saw it do it and was able to stop it. Needless to say it's now living in the sump.

Oh no!

I'm so sorry I got the dwarf eel before you did. She is doing really well. I had also been keeping an eye on her but she wasn't eating so I didn't get her. I saw her in the display later and they fed her while I was there and I saw her eat. I said if they could get her out of the display I would take her. I got the call the next day and I went and picked her up.

I will have to drop into Living Art soon to pick up a blue spot. I was in over the weekend and they didn't have one

Oh no!

I'm so sorry I got the dwarf eel before you did. She is doing really well. I had also been keeping an eye on her but she wasn't eating so I didn't get her. I saw her in the display later and they fed her while I was there and I saw her eat. I said if they could get her out of the display I would take her. I got the call the next day and I went and picked her up.

I will have to drop into Living Art soon to pick up a blue spot. I was in over the weekend and they didn't have one

I'm happy that she went to a good home......and guess what I get to see pictures of her.

Are you going for 2 jawfish? I see you got a tiger one.

What else is on your fish stocking list? I actually know the guys at Living Art very good. So if you looking for something special I can keep a look out for you. Scott helped me set up my tank.

My Tiger was DOA :(

I would be ok with a blue spot or tiger.

I'm also looking for a blue reef chromis

The three bluespots they got in were in all good shape. Two of them were eating and I bought one of those. Looked at him this morning and he had made a nice big burrow under one of my rock bases.

No blue reef chromis just Greens. So what is your stocking list now?

I currently have;

Black Ice Clown & Large Ocellarius Clown (Pair)

Lubbucks Fairy Wrasse

Fuscus Blenny (Great Algea Controller in a new tank)

Leopard Wrasse

Marjorie Fairy Wrasse

Blue Spott Jawfish

You are a terrible influence XD I totally got a blue spot. I got the other one that was eating and a bit smaller. Acclimation went perfect and after being in the tank only a few minutes he was busy putting together a burrow :)

I forgot to answer your question about my clown! The one I got at the frag swap didn't make it :( He never ate and just wasted away. I ended up getting another at Alphacorals. I got a picasso and later paired him up with a true perc I got from aquatics unlimited.

Here's my stocking right now:

Pair of clowns(1 picasso 1 true perc)

Dwarf Golden Moray Eel

Green clown Goby

Red Scooter Blenny

Orange Spotted Blenny

Blue Spot Jawfish

I'm also currently training a female green mandarin to eat frozen. SO far so good!

I really needs something that swims around. I'd like to get a wrasse, I'm thinking a long fin fairy or McCosker's. No more fish for a while though. I've added a lot recently and I need to give the tank a chance to settle down a bit.

Sorry for the bad influence.

Nice stocking list. My clown has made it through everything. One of the major reasons for my upgrade is I got a bad case of ich in my 14 gallon.

Your going to appreciate this story. So I'm learning a lot about drilled overflows. On Tuesday I get a call from my wife frantic ( I was too) because water is spilling out of the tank. So I had her shut the main pump off and it stopped the flood. Luckily she was downstairs with the kids when it happened so ~5 gallons spilled. So I came home and thought it was from a blocked filter sock and chemipure bags. So I took everything out.

So last night I'm watching the tank and I notice the the overflow all of a sudden starts to slow down and the water level rises so I shut everything done ( no water this time). I look in the overflow and there is my turbo happily eating away. Needless to say he is in the sump now, he probably was the culprit the first time too (amazing this didn't happen sooner).

So tonight I stop and get some leaf guard (wire plastic mess) to stop anything else going into the overflow. So i finish making my little plastic guard and at the same time I'm trying to find my bluespot. Can't find him anywhere. So I go to change my filter sock and there he is. Needless to say he is now back happily working on his home.and the overflow is blocked from everything except water.

Have to love tank stories.

If your looking for a cool wrasse my favorites are plain leopards. But if you want a flasher nothing beats in my mind an eight line male. I had a long finned fairy but it got to aggressive.

Good luck with you bluespot.

Cool on the Blue Spot Jawfish!!!! A lot of folks seem to keep these guys with no problem, but from what little I've read they need deep sand and cooler water. I know you did your research on these guys, what do you think????

LOL, all your fish seem to have that dragon look to them. :)

I saw a lot of post going both ways. I have the heater set at 75 and with winter months approaching I'll have no trouble keeping the temperature down. As far as deep sand bed, they can get by pretty well with 2.5-3inches of sand. I have about 3inches in my tank. If they need deeper they will move things around to their needs :)

I saw a lot of post going both ways. I have the heater set at 75 and with winter months approaching I'll have no trouble keeping the temperature down. As far as deep sand bed, they can get by pretty well with 2.5-3inches of sand. I have about 3inches in my tank. If they need deeper they will move things around to their needs :)

I was hoping you would say that! Alrighty then, I'm getting one when I set up my display fuge.

Blue spot... I still want one! Agh! Their behavior is uncomparable to any other fish. Just so much intelligence and curiosity!

Your GDM is gorgeous! I'm surprised it hasn't done anything to the tiny snacks with fins that swim around in your tank. I think mine ate my Tiger Blenny. RIP Tigger. :(

Subscribed!

I know. I was concerned for my clown goby but she's made no effort to take a fish even tiny ones. My neon goby disappeared a week ago. He's been looking off ever since they tank move so I figure she may have gotten him since he was weak.

Well the eel kicked the jawfish out of his original burrow so now he's moved up front :) He didn't eat great today, still a little nervous. Hopefully he'll get the hang of things.

I love GDMs. <3

You may have mentioned it already, but what do you feed yours? From the pics it looks similar in size to mine, which is a baby!

This week's Tank Update

-Mandarin was eating great active and healthy, the next day she was dead. No idea what happened.

-The jawfish has been eating but has yet to settle in a burrow.

-I moved the blenny to the sump thinking he was bothering the jawfish

-I haven't seen the jawfish all day :(

-Eel is getting big quickly! She is eating well and is very active :)

Still no sign of the jawfish :(

I also forgot to mention that the cyano is totally gone and the rest of the hair algae is only in a few patches

Archived