Fish  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which fish

• Blue striped pipe fish
    • Atlantic Swalesi Basslet
    • helfrichi firefish
    • Orange lined Cardinal fish
    • Group of Barnicle blennys
    • Mandarin/ Scotter blenny (I have a lfs that can get them eating frozen, And I have a 20l refuge)
    • Red head goby
    • Clown Goby (Freakin thing better not touch my sps)
    • Neon/ Sharknose goby
    • Green Banded Goby
    • Red Striped Goby
    • Clown Blenny
    • Rose Antenna Goby
    • Cave Goby
    • Flaming Prawn Goby
    • Orangemarked Goby
    • Highfin Perchlet
    • Fancy gumdrop coral croucher
    • Falco Hawk
    • Pinkstreaked Wrasse
    • Priolepis goby
    • Other (comment bellow)

TeenReefer.

Hello! I have a 18x18x10 reef and I am looking for some fancy new fish. Right now all I have is my one lawnmower blenny that may have to go soon because hes getting a little larger then I would like. I Used to have a McCosker's And I absolutely loved that fish. So maybe another Flasher wrasse? So far these are my ideas, to chose from, No im not putting all thiese fish in my reef.

-Flasher wrasse

- Blue striped pipe fish

- Atlantic Swalesi Basslet

- helfrichi firefish

- 2/3 Orange lined Cardinal fish

- Group of Barnicle blennys

- harem of chalk bass

- Mandarin/ Scotter blenny (I have a lfs that can get them eating frozen, And I have a 20l refuge)

- Red head goby

- PJ cardinal

- clown goby (Freakin thing better not touch my sps)

-Neon/ Sharknose goby

- Green Banded Goby

- Red Striped Goby

- Clown Blenny

- Rose Antenna Goby

-Cave Goby

- flaming prawn gobie

- Orangemarked Goby

- Highfin Perchlet

- Line Spot Flasher Wrasse

- Fancy gumdrop coral croucher

- longnose hawkfish

- Falco Hawk

- Tail spot blenny

- Pinkstreaked Wrasse

- Mystery wrasse

- Blue Flasher Fairy Wrasse

no flasher wrasse, and especially not a harem, in a tank so tiny

pipefish and mandarins are hard to feed, but it seems that you already know that

2/3 oragne lined cardinalfish? you want two-thirds of a fish?

barnacle blennys are neat little ####ers :happy:

don't think your tank is big enough for a harem of chalk bass

gobies are always a neat addition

TeenReefer.
no flasher wrasse, and especially not a harem, in a tank so tiny

pipefish and mandarins are hard to feed, but it seems that you already know that

2/3 oragne lined cardinalfish? you want two-thirds of a fish?

barnacle blennys are neat little ####ers :happy:

don't think your tank is big enough for a harem of chalk bass

gobies are always a neat addition

2 or 3 orange lined cardinals, most likely 2. I know about pipefish and mandarins, I hatch babybrine weekly and they are fed though a special feeding tray, That allows baby brine to be sucked out by mandarins/pipefish. The lfs has a pipe fish in the display that i may be able to buy, This is the blue stripe verity, a smaller not as lengthy fish. They also do better in reefs because of there short body size compared to other pipe fish, this allows them to actually navigate without being blown around in the flow. Although I am still worried a sps reef would not do them good because of the amount of flow.

Yes, the barnacle blennys, Verry cool little guys. I was thinking a nice barnacle covered on zoas would look cool and be great for them.

The swasli basset seems cool. although it is more of a Cryptic little fish that usually hides in caves.

I was Also thinking of maybe a pair of harlequin shrimps, with two cc Stars in the fuge for legs for food.

Hello! I have a 18x18x10 reef and I am looking for some fancy new fish. Right now all I have is my one lawnmower blenny that may have to go soon because hes getting a little larger then I would like. I Used to have a McCosker's And I absolutely loved that fish. So maybe another Flasher wrasse? So far these are my ideas, to chose from, No im not putting all thiese fish in my reef.

-Flasher wrasse (Idk What kind) Possibly harem

- Blue striped pipe fish

- Atlantic Swalesi Basslet

- helfrichi firefish

- 2/3 Orange lined Cardinal fish

- Group of Barnicle blennys

- harem of chalk bass

- Mandarin/ Scotter blenny (I have a lfs that can get them eating frozen, And I have a 20l refuge)

- Red head goby

- PJ cardinal

:lol:

Oh wait the list is serious

:o

TeenReefer.
:lol:

Oh wait the list is serious

:o

IDK if you read the thread, but I said i wasn't adding all of them, They were mealy ideas, of fish I liked.... :o

TeenReefer.
Oh ok that's a relief. Don't get the pipefish, mandarin, or any dragonet, the chalk bass and flasher wrasse.

I'll do it just because you said not to. I still dont think you've read the whole thread.

TeenReefer.
don't get them until you have a few stable pod cultures.

Defiantly. I wasnt going to do a mandarin, As they get kinda big for my size tank. Dont you think so? I was thinking more red scooters as they stay smaller, Or if i really want a mandarin maybe a spotted. I feed newly hatched brine through http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166449 And they will stay full throught the day :) even if they have a tiny stomach

Unique nano fish, I was expecting someone was going to finally take the plunge and get the Dr Seuss soapfish...disappointed.

my two cents - I really like the idea of having a crew of barnacle blennies.

TeenReefer.
Unique nano fish, I was expecting someone was going to finally take the plunge and get the Dr Seuss soapfish...disappointed.

my two cents - I really like the idea of having a crew of barnacle blennies.

HAHAHA lol I dont think it would fit!

I was also thinking clown gobys, but I guess those buggers nip sps.

northeastern

I love my high fin perch fwiw....

If you need any info on them shoot me a pm or post in my build thread I am fairly experienced with them

Sharknose goby, I have one great fish. I would only get one pod eater, and no fish that would out-compete them for food (i.e basslets)

TeenReefer.
I love my high fin perch fwiw....

If you need any info on them shoot me a pm or post in my build thread I am fairly experienced with them

pmed! Ty!

TeenReefer.

Dr. Scott W. Micheal approves smaller flasher wrasses, mystery wrasses, and pinkstriped wrasses in my size tank. ( According to his book REEF AQUARIUM FISHES )

Im probably going to go with one Line spot flasher wrasse. As they stay the smallest.

TeenReefer.
Hard to find now, but Gumdrop Coral Croucher are cool and unique. Part of the scorpionfish family.

Yes, I also saw this! its actually one of the poll options! I thought it would be a unique fish, but i was woundering if it would eat harlequin shrimp?

the most unique nano fish on that list imo is the flaming prawn goby and my favorite, which i voted for, but your tank is probably too big for one.

they are very cryptic and stay extraordinarily small

Any flasher or fairy will be too active. Same with the mystery, and they will get aggressive as adults in a small tank.

TeenReefer.
Any flasher or fairy will be too active. Same with the mystery, and they will get aggressive as adults in a small tank.

Scott W. Micheal and Marc Levison both approve of a mystery in my size tank. I'm not going to add one. I would just like to tell you that many of the reefgods approve. I'd rather have a Pinkstreaked.

Aqua fire/medic

Tail spot blenny...... Kinda scetchy at first, but a personality you can't beat! I had one and loved it..... It was hilarious the way he would perch on random things in the tank..... Then he jumped out, that was a sad day.

TeenReefer.
Tail spot blenny...... Kinda scetchy at first, but a personality you can't beat! I had one and loved it..... It was hilarious the way he would perch on random things in the tank..... Then he jumped out, that was a sad day.

Yea, My lawnmower has the same personality, and I love it. I'm just afraid hes going to outgrow the tank quite soon.

+1 to the pink streaked wrasse! I have been trying to track one down for almost 6 months now. I've been told they are a great little reef fish!

TeenReefer.
+1 to the pink streaked wrasse! I have been trying to track one down for almost 6 months now. I've been told they are a great little reef fish!

There is one at work, although I believe it is a female, as the stripes are really faded.

Archived