inTank Media Baskets

40 Breeder Build. Peninsula Style

turbofreak403

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
turbofreak403

Hey guys, starting this tank back up. a house sell and buy and some life things have happened but im finally settling in and i think its time to set her up again.

I'm looking at redoing the plumbing to something more simple.

a local fish store recommended doing a glass holes overflow (700 with emergency drain)  with a eshopps sump. (rs 75)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

• Like 1
1 hour ago, turbofreak403 said:

Hey guys, starting this tank back up. a house sell and buy and some life things have happened but im finally settling in and i think its time to set her up again.

I'm looking at redoing the plumbing to something more simple.

a local fish store recommended doing a glass holes overflow (700 with emergency drain)  with a eshopps sump. (rs 75)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

I can't help with the overflow question, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this. 

I've been wanting to do a 40B peninsula for a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
turbofreak403

So this happened. The wife and i brought up the stand and could not find a place we were happy with the size or layout of the peninsula style tank. So because of all the work in the stand we decided to adjust the stand to accommodate a Cube style AOI. Let me know what your think!

Thinking either the JBJ 45 Gallon or the Innovative Marine 40. Any other suggestions, I'm willing to do a sump if its the right idea.

Thanks for the input guys!

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, turbofreak403 said:

So this happened. The wife and i brought up the stand and could not find a place we were happy with the size or layout of the peninsula style tank. So because of all the work in the stand we decided to adjust the stand to accommodate a Cube style AOI. Let me know what your think!

Thinking either the JBJ 45 Gallon or the Innovative Marine 40. Any other suggestions, I'm willing to do a sump if its the right idea.

Thanks for the input guys!

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

I was about to comment that this build has the potential to bring back the 40B as the "it tank" again, then saw your new development.  You have great woodworking skills, the original stand came out beautifully and still is in its shortened version.  It's so easy to screw up that type of modification.  Nice work.  What are the dimensions of the top?

turbofreak403

Thanks for the compliment. It's all my buddy. He's the master behind it all. 

Top is currently 25" wide by 24.5" deep. The interior portion is 18x18

top can be made larger to accommodate a different Tank. 

2 hours ago, turbofreak403 said:

I went with the innovative marine 40 gallon nuvo fusion. Yehaw!

Sweet! I'll be following IM makes great systems and will compliment that stand nicely;)

R

4 hours ago, turbofreak403 said:

I went with the innovative marine 40 gallon nuvo fusion. Yehaw!

Great choice - The IM tanks all look fantastic! 

turbofreak403

thanks guys for the kind words, tank should be here Thursday. gotta do finishing touches on the stand and stain it/or paint it.

not sure if i should run my old LED light that i built for the 40 breeder or if i should go with something new.

not sure what light i would choose. dont wanna go all out but i dont wanna start with a light ill need to upgrade right away.

any input?

• 2 weeks later...
turbofreak403

Stand done. Just gotta figure out what Color to do it.

Went with the AI Prime light, and the innovative ATO,

ordered rock from BRS cant wait to get her running

IMG_3462.JPG

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...