gearhead364

My Mantis Tank!

Islandoftiki

You found the dead body?

I ask because mine has been reclusive lately. He's walled up his den and is not coming out much. No clicking noises. When I pulled the wall down to look in there, he was just fine and immediately rebuilt the wall.

Sometimes they just hide out and don't make any noise or show themselves.

When I first got mine, he hid for days. Finally got hungry and came out for food when I put some mysis shrimp in there.

TeflonTomDosh

Mine stays right in the front of the "cave" I built him. Pretty "friendly" lol

Islandoftiki
Mine stays right in the front of the "cave" I built him. Pretty "friendly" lol

Mine did that for months, while he was doing this massive project hollowing out a big cavity in the rock, He now has a small room that he's walled off with broken shells. There's a hole that leads down from that room to the substrate at the back of the tank. He spends all of his time in that little room now. Not sure how long he'll keep this up. I'm hoping he gets bored and removes the wall at the front of his room so he can watch TV with us again.

gearhead364
Mine did that for months, while he was doing this massive project hollowing out a big cavity in the rock, He now has a small room that he's walled off with broken shells. There's a hole that leads down from that room to the substrate at the back of the tank. He spends all of his time in that little room now. Not sure how long he'll keep this up. I'm hoping he gets bored and removes the wall at the front of his room so he can watch TV with us again.

hahaha i wish that was the case but it was a dead body.. :( no burrowing or anything has been going on in the tank

Islandoftiki
hahaha i wish that was the case but it was a dead body.. :( no burrowing or anything has been going on in the tank

Bummer. That happened to my first pistol shrimp.

gearhead364

mantis tank is no more. the tank got sold to a new reefer who wanted to get into the hobby. which worked for me because it did not have to make the move to college but there will be another mantis tank in the future for sure so stay tuned.

Islandoftiki

Bummer. Looking forward to that future mantis tank!

gearhead364

Mantis update! well still no new tank... but I do now have a beautiful peacock Mantis shrimp who is living in the sump of my reef tank for now with his own tank soon to come soon........

• Like 1

BrandonD32

I can't wait to see pictures of the progress!