inTank Media Baskets

Nepenthe's Innovative Marine Nuvo 16

Nepenthe

Ah, bummer, the linked it to the damn R2R thread that I really don't update. Ah well.

Oh, you'll love the 5D! I bought the mark2 when it came out and it's still running strong even through all the abuse it's gotten. :-)
Here's a few samples to help push you over any hesitation cliff. ;-)

Low light: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/6111191111/

Color rendering: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/7012929737/

I lost a lot of SPS and the montiporas faded, but it is all under control now and they're starting to come back a bit. Yay! Still not sure if it is nutrients or the LED spectrum leading to coral fading, so I've got tons and tons of research links on my thread trying to sort it all out.

BTW, congrats on being featured on FB by IM - just saw your tank pop up!

Wow those photos are amazing, thanks for the link. My friend got one last week and we were playing around with it. I've yet to import into CS6, but I was impressed with the raw test shots. I think it will be worth it, defiantly a step up (or a rather long flight of stairs) from my iPhone, which is the only functioning camera I have at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Came back from my vacation this morning to a crashed tank, somehow the little IM lights got turned off and weren't on for the past week and a half. I did a big water change this morning before work. My tank sitter had the flu so he only cam in once, and I don't think he would have noticed anyways. Looks like I'm starting from the ground up. Time to nurse the pieces I have. I'll be doing some serious work tonight. Wish me luck. I guess this is the nature of the best eh?

Polarcollision

Fish and inverts are all fine. NPS are fine. I just lost everything that needed a ton of light.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! This was one of my top 5 favorite displays. :-(

So sorry to hear this. You sound like you are handling it well.

Eh, s**t happens, I had well prepared myself for failure when I signed up for this. It'll be back and better than ever before you know it. Just breathing deeply and moving on.

Your tank is looking great by the way!

I love your tank, I hope that you are able to recover! What kind of light schedule were you using before your crash? I have just set one of these up and i'm not sure how many hours a day to run the lighting with a couple of soft corals... This tank has definitely been an inspiration

I wanted to give a quick update. I took over one of my corals to Vivid and they identified my issue as "Brown Jelly Disease". I had never even heard of it before, but after reading about it, the symptoms defiantly fit the bill. I think that I've lost everything that I'm going to loose (which is mostly everything). Fish and inverts look great still. Parameters have remained normal and stable during this whole process, but I've upped the flow, and water changes, and added in some carbon just in case. I'm toying with the idea of dropping the Kessil and adding a Mazspect Razor, the Kessil and the stock lights and the skimmer just look too cluttered. fungot, to answer your question, I was running the tank 10 hours of the sock and 8 of the kessil. On the plus side, I have room for all of those gorgs that I wanted to add.

• 4 weeks later...

Arrrrgh... this thread was like reading a book with a tragic ending. Your tank was incredible. :'(

Looking forward to book 2. :)

Arrrrgh... this thread was like reading a book with a tragic ending. Your tank was incredible. :'(

Looking forward to book 2. :)

Ah thanks, my fish and my three favorite pieces of coral survived, the coral are already moved over to the new tank and are extending again, they're just frighteningly bleached out. I have high hopes that they'll fully recover though. The fish will be moved over next weekend.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Marine Depot

8270378588_aea6391e08_z.jpg

So, I finally got the new MP10 ES to a place where everything is happy. I'm also really excited to set up a Tunze ATO this weekend. I'm going to start adding Kalkwasser to the RDOI because by the end of the week before a water change my Cal is dropping to levels that I am uncomfortable with. I think that this is one of the reasons why I am having such difficulties keeping shrimp (well, that and my water tested positive for copper). Everything else seems to be happy. I've moved things around a few times in the weeks, and it ended up doing more harm than good (noticed the stung Paly grandis on the left side of the tank). I ended up trading out my purple moni for that purple gorg (it's killing me that I can't get a positive ID on the thing) it eats Cyclop-eeze like mad. Things are in a good place right now, I'm hoping I can just keep it going. I had the harsh realization that I'm running out of room though. :eek:

Hey,

I am currently working on an article that highlights amazing innovative marine nuvo aquariums. I was wondering if we could use your tank and give you credit for all your hard work. Please let me know, thank you!

Archived