ReefCleaners.org

Nepenthe's Innovative Marine Nuvo 16

Nepenthe

Beautiful snowonyx? Love the top one.

Kris at Alpha Aquaculture had them listed them as 'Premium' Fancy Snows. I just call them mine! I need to get some photos of the aqua scales that border their black margins, it's killer.

really loving this tank. about to set up a nuvo 16 in white myself after being out of the hobby for a while. i see you had LPS with the stock LED's, how did they do? i'm going to have a primarily softies setup but i was hoping i could add some LPS towards the top. what's your experience?

I saw a vast improvement when I added the Kessil A150. Everything was reaching with just the stock lighting and with the Kessil, the LPS are happy at any level of the tank. Even softies like the pulsing xenia improved in shape, color, and growth. I would say it would definitely be worth your money to supplement with another light even if it's a couple of Ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips. Here's a photo of the xenia from a month after I added them I hadn't upgraded my lights yet (on the left), on the right is a much more recent photo.

8381419086_c5a8ed2dfa_z.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8381220152_f85ca3754f_z.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic quality, I couldn't wait to share. It was nice to have something to stare at while I was knocked out on on the couch.

What a gorgeous shot!!!! Looks like it's a real nature shot...in the wild ;)

Glad you are feeling better. Having a kid in school, my fear is him bringing the flu virus home with him. Everyday I squeeze OJ from the oranges on the tree out back and pop a zinc pill (give my son one too)...so far so good!!!!!

• Like 1

8387483840_13f0c60be6_z.jpg

The clowns are getting along really well. They've been doing the weird "twitchy dance" which I’ve been reading is speculated to be a submissive behavior. The problem is they both do it to one another, so who knows, maybe they're figuring out their gender roles. I haven’t seen my firefish in a couple days; he hid under a rock as soon as the clowns made it in the tank and has been lying low. I hope the little guy comes out.

8386415051_328a68a0a3_z.jpg

I love my Gold Hammer so much but I think that it sticks out like a sore thumb in this tank. I'm thinking of maybe getting a 4 gallon and doing a pink and yellow color scheme.

8386485149_ed4e399614_z.jpg

Oh, so I guess that frogspawn is yours now?

• Like 1

Well, I got this Pom Pom before Thanksgiving and seldom see him in the tank. Yesterday though, he decided to hang out.

8405838023_8142596fc3_z.jpg

Then he did this for the rest of the evening.

107333523.gif

• Like 1

lololol. I also spot a huge bristle worm in the 1st picture :)

I saw too lol

Awesome tank. I wanna upgrade my Nuvo 8 to a 16. I love the dimensions

• Like 1

Somewhat unusual incidence just now. My fire fish disappeared a couple days after I added the clowns and I figured that he had somehow managed to jump out of the tank and became a little fish-chip for the kitty. Well today we were sitting on the couch watching a movie and out of the corner of my eye, I see an orange flash and here something hit the floor. I ran over and plopped him back, I hope he's okay. There's a lid on the tank, so he must have been in the rear chamber, although I did look for him back there. He looks pretty good, albeit a bit skinny. Weird.

Hmmm that is weird...thought you had a lid?

Yeah, not on the rear chamber, where fishy mcfish face was, how he got back there is beyond me though. He seems okay, very hungry.

Deleted User 4

Yeah, not on the rear chamber, where fishy mcfish face was, how he got back there is beyond me though. He seems okay, very hungry.

I see. Hmm this reminds me the one time when my big clownfish in the nano cube 24 had somehow got into the back chamber...too bad I didn't notice it till its tail was popping out from the outflow pipe (dead). lol

Polarcollision

Somewhat unusual incidence just now. My fire fish disappeared a couple days after I added the clowns and I figured that he had somehow managed to jump out of the tank and became a little fish-chip for the kitty. Well today we were sitting on the couch watching a movie and out of the corner of my eye, I see an orange flash and here something hit the floor. I ran over and plopped him back, I hope he's okay. There's a lid on the tank, so he must have been in the rear chamber, although I did look for him back there. He looks pretty good, albeit a bit skinny. Weird.

Had to come by and admire your aquarium again. Ever thought about making a video of it? The coral flow would look amazing.

Wow - fishy went on an adventure. Hope she's still doing OK! They must just do that kind of stuff. I lost a sexy shrimp over Christmas and then the second one over New Years. Then the little green clown goby disappeared. We started calling it the little tank of death. :-( Then just last week I find both little shrimp in the back chamber and the green clown goby had suddenly reappeared. I think they all need returned-from-the-dead names!

• Like 1

Had to come by and admire your aquarium again. Ever thought about making a video of it? The coral flow would look amazing.

Wow - fishy went on an adventure. Hope she's still doing OK! They must just do that kind of stuff. I lost a sexy shrimp over Christmas and then the second one over New Years. Then the little green clown goby disappeared. We started calling it the little tank of death. :-( Then just last week I find both little shrimp in the back chamber and the green clown goby had suddenly reappeared. I think they all need returned-from-the-dead names!

I'll be video capable soon, I finally decided it was time to drop some serious dough on a new DSLR. I'm checking out the new EOS 5D's today. I'm glad your little guys decided to come back! How's you coral doing? I've been admiring your light. I'm thinking about moving out some SPS to another smaller tank and am loving yours.

Polarcollision

I'll be video capable soon, I finally decided it was time to drop some serious dough on a new DSLR. I'm checking out the new EOS 5D's today. I'm glad your little guys decided to come back! How's you coral doing? I've been admiring your light. I'm thinking about moving out some SPS to another smaller tank and am loving yours.

Oh, you'll love the 5D! I bought the mark2 when it came out and it's still running strong even through all the abuse it's gotten. :-)

Here's a few samples to help push you over any hesitation cliff. ;-)

Low light: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/6111191111/

Color rendering: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarcollision/7012929737/

I lost a lot of SPS and the montiporas faded, but it is all under control now and they're starting to come back a bit. Yay! Still not sure if it is nutrients or the LED spectrum leading to coral fading, so I've got tons and tons of research links on my thread trying to sort it all out.

BTW, congrats on being featured on FB by IM - just saw your tank pop up!

• Like 1

Archived