Pod Your Reef

Nepenthe's Innovative Marine Nuvo 16

Nepenthe

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Nice tank!!

If I'm correct, I think one kessils alone can handle the whole tank. Don't really need the skyye lights from invm.

You can sell those two lights ehhe.

Nice tank!!

If I'm correct, I think one kessils alone can handle the whole tank. Don't really need the skyye lights from invm.

You can sell those two lights ehhe.

You'd think, but no. Because of the proximity of the Kessil to the water and the directional nature of the light (plus the nature of my scape), I started to reaching on the farthest sides when they were removed. Also, I use one of the antincs as a moonlight. So they're there until I upgrade.

Deleted User 4

Ohh, did you try raising the kessils higher? By adjust the gooseneck mounts? How long is the invm 16 again? Because the kessils a150 should be able to cover 18" spread. Like my manta ray 18.

Ohh, did you try raising the kessils higher? By adjust the gooseneck mounts? How long is the invm 16 again? Because the kessils a150 should be able to cover 18" spread. Like my manta ray 18.

It's 24". I'm seeing freakin' fabulous color on my SPS and really don't want to raise it. Plus, they don't bother me that much.

Deleted User 4
It's 24". I'm seeing freakin' fabulous color on my SPS and really don't want to raise it. Plus, they don't bother me that much.

Ohh, I mean it didn't bother me either. Just that, I thought one kessils alone would be great enough hahaha. Well it's 24"....nevermind lol but I have seen 24" tank with just one kessils a150w before haha.

Are you really? I love the scale on the 60g. It's substantial without being overwhelming. They were doing a drawing for one at Reefapalooza. I didn't even enter on the minuscule chance that I could actually win it. Take you time on the dragon's breath, I'm heading up North until the 26th.

Right now I'm just dreaming. But some day I hope it will be a reality :)

So, I have some new additions to announce from Kris at ALPHA Aquaculture. They should be here after Christmas! I'm so excited. The tank is just a week short of six months old and it's made so much progress, but only one little fish. I hope my little Firefish buddy wont get harassed too much. A BIG shout-out to Kris for making this possible.

8283908135_2753c60d3c_z.jpg

Oh wow....gorgeous clowns!!!! They will be perfect in your tank!!!!!

Noticed you have a Kessil A150w. Is the clamp attached directly to the tank using the standard bolts or did you fabricate something? If so, are you concerned that the glass will crack?

Noticed you have a Kessil A150w. Is the clamp attached directly to the tank using the standard bolts or did you fabricate something? If so, are you concerned that the glass will crack?

I'm not that concerned, but I did attach a large, thick piece of thick acrylic to the back because I was going to put a AquaClear 70 back there at one point and just left it. Better safe than sorry.

This has got to be one of the cleanest 16G IM tanks I have seen yet! I need to get me some of that dendro.

Thank you! At the rate that puppy is growing it's going to need to be thined out at some point.

the best im tank i have seen, well done.

Thank you!

your choice of coral is gorgeous. Loving everything about your display!

Thanks, I'm trying to stick to a limited color pallet but there's always that one coral you didn't expect to purchase that stands out. In my case, it's that gorg. I'm going to need some more purple something to balance it out somewhere towards the lower left of the tank.

Polarcollision

Thanks, I'm trying to stick to a limited color pallet but there's always that one coral you didn't expect to purchase that stands out. In my case, it's that gorg. I'm going to need some more purple something to balance it out somewhere towards the lower left of the tank.

I like how you design. I personally like the single pop of color, but there's a purple/blue rhodactus I used to grow that you might like.

Well, I was gone for a full week with no one around to watch the tank I came back to it looking like nothing had changed. I had a horrible dream a couple days after I left that I came home to a putrefied mess of brown seawater. The ATO had sucked up a half gallon of water and everything else looks lovely. BIG sigh of relief.

• Like 1

Well, I was gone for a full week with no one around to watch the tank I came back to it looking like nothing had changed. I had a horrible dream a couple days after I left that I came home to a putrefied mess of brown seawater. The ATO had sucked up a half gallon of water and everything else looks lovely. BIG sigh of relief.

Yay!

No noticeable growth? Usually when I am away from my tank I see a big difference. Probably has to be more than a couple of days though.

Welcome home! Hope you had fun up north :)

Yay!

No noticeable growth? Usually when I am away from my tank I see a big difference. Probably has to be more than a couple of days though.

Welcome home! Hope you had fun up north :)

Thanks! It was good to get out of LA for a little while. SF was great, but the weather was miserable. I hope you had a good Christmas! It's funny you mention the growth, my monti and my wall hammer looked huge, I had to go back and look at some older photos.

So, I have some new additions to announce from Kris at ALPHA Aquaculture. They should be here after Christmas! I'm so excited. The tank is just a week short of six months old and it's made so much progress, but only one little fish. I hope my little Firefish buddy wont get harassed too much. A BIG shout-out to Kris for making this possible.

8283908135_2753c60d3c_z.jpg

GD! Those are some awesome clownfish!

Yay! So, I'm not a zombie anymore. I finally feel like I've gotten over this darn flu. I've been bedridden for over a week, and the tank went without a water change for just over two. My clowns should be here Friday! All is well. Happy New Years Nano-Reef!

8381220152_f85ca3754f_z.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic quality, I couldn't wait to share. It was nice to have something to stare at while I was knocked out on on the couch.

• Like 2

really loving this tank. about to set up a nuvo 16 in white myself after being out of the hobby for a while. i see you had LPS with the stock LED's, how did they do? i'm going to have a primarily softies setup but i was hoping i could add some LPS towards the top. what's your experience?

Archived