Coral Vue Hydros

Nepenthe's Innovative Marine Nuvo 16

Nepenthe

Wow!!!! Those are some long sweepers!!!!! I know they are known for having big ones like that. I hope you don't have to return it...it's so pretty!!!! Just upgrade when it starts climbing the rocks ;)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow!!!! Those are some long sweepers!!!!! I know they are known for having big ones like that. I hope you don't have to return it...it's so pretty!!!! Just upgrade when it starts climbing the rocks ;)

Yikes....upgrade. I don't even want to think about that. In other news.... look what I caught! A little one (shown) and his big brother. I'm still a little reticent about adding a clam, but these two were easy enough to catch, and I didn't see any more.

Polyclad_Flatworm_02.MOV

Another fellow IM Nuvo 16 tagging along for the ride. How are your stock lighting holding up so far?

Meh, they work fine but I added a Kessil a month ago and the growth seems have really picked up since.

Meh, they work fine but I added a Kessil a month ago and the growth seems have really picked up since.

The 150 or 350? I was thinking the same for a future upgrade.

The 150 or 350? I was thinking the same for a future upgrade.

Meh.... it's the 150 and it's okay, I think I'll probably add another and drop the stock lighting when I start adding more SPS.

Well, it's 102°F here in LA, and I'm in the middle of moving, so boxes are completely covering the front of my AC unit. Double bagged ice and turning off the Kessil has been awesome (and beers for me). Poor tank, first this and a full dismantle and move in two weeks. Wish me luck.

7989522537_6e48e498f0_z.jpg

Well, it's 102°F here in LA, and I'm in the middle of moving, so boxes are completely covering the front of my AC unit. Double bagged ice and turning off the Kessil has been awesome (and beers for me). Poor tank, first this and a full dismantle and move in two weeks. Wish me luck.

7989522537_6e48e498f0_z.jpg

Good luck!

Well, it survived the weekend, now it just has to survive the move in two weeks. Everything was just fed, I probably should have waited 'till everybody extended again, but you get the idea.

7998567108_ac12055862_z.jpg

Wow your tank has grown a lot!!!!! Looks really good kid. Are you using any additives or just pure water changes?

Thanks!!! I'm just doing 25% weekly water changes. I own all the additives, but have yet to use them. I'm amazed by the growth on the palys and the duncan and figure, if it ain't broke don't fix it. My calcium runs on the low side though, so think I may have to start dosing as I add more corals... and I can't wait to add more.

• 3 weeks later...
What did you replace the IM filter holders with?

I ordered the inTank filters, they are far superior then the supplied ones.

8063696211_a66c197f97_z.jpg

Thank you! Yeah, it's been a harsh couple of weeks. I got my tank somewhat successfully moved to the new place last Sunday, but lost one of my two hermit crabs, my emerald crab, and my cleaner shrimp over the last few days... indecently, all the snails are fine. I did a big water change yesterday, the move was such a nightmare, I'm hoping that somehow some stray contaminate just got in the system.

Nice to see you back:) so do you feel that they keep water quality more polished?

I don't think they necessary make the water more polished per say, they sure make the media easier to change, it takes a fraction of the time with these as it did the old ones, which makes me want to do it more. I also purchased a the fuge basket for a light and some cheato, but the zoas seem to appreciate my water quality so much that I haven't installed it. I probably will once I decide to add some fish, since I only feed the corals twice a week now. I operate under the if-it-aint-broke-don't-fit-it mentality. The inTank baskets are defiantly work the money though.

• 1 month later...

8247042583_6ef9dc2aa7_z.jpg

Photo from November 28th. I'm planning on picking up/trading some pieces this weekend and moving some stuff around. I'll update again next week.

Looks great!!!! I really like the changes you made :)

Thanks! You weren't kidding about that octodes growing fast. It's really taking off. I'm on the hunt for more macros now.

Thanks! You weren't kidding about that octodes growing fast. It's really taking off. I'm on the hunt for more macros now.

Yeah...it grows super fast. It was my fastest grower. Which others are you looking for? I have some extra Dragon's Breath I need to remove.

MeanGreenEyes

Beautiful tank! Love how clean these tanks look...I was actually thinking about picking one up for my son as a starter tank for him.

Archived