Coral Vue Hydros

Show Off Your Anemone

hooligan_78

hooligan_78

As an anemone addict, I'm always wanting to see good shots of hosting anemones. So let's see a pic of what you have and what it's hosting. Maybe tell us a little about what it is, what lives in/on it and maybe how long you've had it.

Here's a pic of my H. Crispa (sebae) about 2 weeks after I got it. I've had it about a month and my pair of true percs want nothing to do with it yet, but it does host a porcelain crab.

7119775825_3809067caf_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goby Angyl

I was so lucky to get this guy! I'd given up on finding an anemone for my 10 gallon soft coral reef.

I was buying a Nerite snail to help nibble on a diatom problem and spotted the left over shell with anemone after an anemone hermit crab had died. I knew it was safe buy and promptly bought it. The sexy shrimp like to come by it sometimes, but no one is hosting it. It would be awesome if something started hanging out with it full time. It looks like a pinkish flower, won't hurt my gobies, eats stuff out of the water, won't grow too big for my 10 gallon, and so far it doesn't wander around! It has shifted around on the shell a little so maybe it will start walking, but there's nothing to hurt so I'm not worried. If it can swallow a shrimp pellet it can eat live brine shrimp, but so far it appears to be the perfect anemone for tiny tanks! Even picos!

DigitalCamera02-16-12030.jpg

hooligan_78

Nice Fab! Well, last night my female perc, for whatever reason, decided to accept the H.Crispa as her host, probably won't be long until the porcelain crab gets evicted.

7491689024_90731aff09_c.jpg

Heres a pic, and a couple vids, back when I had my Rose Bulb. Unfortunately it outgrew my tank. My two Percs loved it! When I introduced it to my tank, I placed it in a spot where water flowed just above its tentacles. Nems will walk the tank till they they find a spot thats suits them, which is usually exactly this. The 6 months I had, I NEVER moved once. Luck? Or good placement? Either way I was stoked! Now my clowns move across the whole front of the tank, with the choice of three different hosts. My Hammer, Duncan, and fuzzy mushrooms now get molested daily.

2011-08-22_12-08-37_563.jpg

Vid

th_P80700012.jpg

Vid

th_P8070001.jpg

Gone after a suction-held power head fell of the glass and blew directly on it for a while. Started to migrate, and wound up meeting the PH. It was a healthy guy for over a year.

clownandanemoneactinics.jpg

The only thing this guy is hosting is a small hole in my wallet. The clowns don't even know it exists, and tend to stick to the frogspawn.

6933819937_7e4a62260e_z.jpg

buddythelion
The only thing this guy is hosting is a small hole in my wallet. The clowns don't even know it exists, and tend to stick to the frogspawn.

6933819937_7e4a62260e_z.jpg

Looks more like Sexy Coral's sig nem. I'd def love one, one of my dream nems.

Here's mine:

IMG_7467CR2.jpg

IMG_7469CR2.jpg

Not quite as pretty as some of the nems in the pictures, but I want to share my two nonetheless.

Shortly after I got my Clarki, it developed Ick and then the rot, so I quickly put together and old 5.5G tank that I had in my garage. I did a dip on the Clarki and put him in the tank. Within a week, I also started having problems with my Condy, so I put it in the 5.5 as well. I did not expect either of them to live after going into an uncycled tank, but they sure have.

After 2 months of rehab together...

CondyandClarki.jpg

CondyandClarki02.jpg

I just transferred them into their new permanent home yesterday, a Fuval Edge 6G.

Seamonkey84
I just transferred them into their new permanent home yesterday, a Fuval Edge 6G.

By permanent I hope u mean for only the next couple weeks maybe months. Clarkii clowns should be in minimum 20-30 gallons, and the Condy may eventually eat the clown as its not naturally a hosting anemone. If the condy does well, it too will need a bigger tank as it can get rather large.

However, that said, my clown and bubble tips are currently in my frag-display tank which is an Aqueon evolve8. I'm going to be moving both into my 46 bow when lights are upgraded, or maybe just fragging the bubble tips as they get bigger.

3f7b0371.jpg

The Clarkii never leaves the side of the Condy, so as long as they are both happy, this is where they will stay. If I see that either is stressing with their environment, then I can change things up. But for now, this is it. I can always set up another tank that is bigger, haha and probably will :) I do have a 30G as well but my dottyback will have something to say about it.

btw, this Clarkii feed the nem as soon as food goes into the tank, so the nem is well taken care of as far as food. I really should get a video of it as the Clarkii feeds the nem before it even eats a bite. Nice stuff!

Looks more like Sexy Coral's sig nem. I'd def love one, one of my dream nems.

Here's mine:

IMG_7467CR2.jpg

IMG_7469CR2.jpg

Damn, that thing's sexy, we should totally trade once ours split.

northstar1357

Do any of you feed your nems?

I havent fed mines over 6 months and its doing great. Wish i can post a pic but currently in office

Seamonkey84

An updated shot after They've been under new LEDs for a week and also now fully open

8a459675.jpg

d90344b1.jpg

Also now planing to pair this black clown one with a SA black ice is comming week if the order goes through at my Petco.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived