Innovative Marine Aquariums

ATI options

tundrashaul

tundrashaul

I recently upgraded to LEDs from halide, not being real impressed ny them im going back to T5.

Ive narrowed down my choices but I wanted some input from you guys. I have a standard 75 mixed reef soon to be SPS dominant. I am decidint on either the ATI 6 bulb 48 inch dimmable fixture or the eight bulb standard ballast. The price is the generally the same, I think will the dimming option I will come close to the customization of colors you get with LEDs with the comfort ok know you can grow SPS and not just keep them.

Any suggestions?

I was going to do ATI blue plus 2

Ati true actinic-2

ati aquablue1

and maybe a coral plus1

thanks

Matt

I recently upgraded to LEDs from halide, not being real impressed ny them im going back to T5.

Ive narrowed down my choices but I wanted some input from you guys. I have a standard 75 mixed reef soon to be SPS dominant. I am decidint on either the ATI 6 bulb 48 inch dimmable fixture or the eight bulb standard ballast. The price is the generally the same, I think will the dimming option I will come close to the customization of colors you get with LEDs with the comfort ok know you can grow SPS and not just keep them.

Any suggestions?

I was going to do ATI blue plus 2

Ati true actinic-2

ati aquablue1

and maybe a coral plus1

thanks

Matt

I have a 6 lamps 24w ati, I just went with 4 ATI Blue PLus, and 2 ATI purple plus. Love the look, not too blue and not too white

from back to front, 2 blue, purple, blue, purple, blue

The aquablue specials are really white and have a tendency to wash out colors and aren't as favorable as they used to be (check out grim's T5 thread in RC).

What I'd consider a great 6 bulb combination would be "4-ATI blue plus, 1 GE 6500K, and 1 ATI purple plus" OR for a not as blue look I'd go with 4-ATI blue plus, 1 Coral Plus, and 1 ATI purple plus.

tundrashaul

Ok, sounds good.

Any input on the two lights?

Will six be plenty for SPS to thrive alongside clams on and 18 inch deep tank?

I will get TEK if six is good but the TEak 8 bulb is a little too wide for 75 where as the ATI 8 bulb will fit perfect.

On an 18" deep tank, a 6 bulb would be good enough IMO, to compensate for the higher tank, I'd keep it maybe 4-5" from the top of the tank.

The aquablue specials are really white and have a tendency to wash out colors and aren't as favorable as they used to be (check out grim's T5 thread in RC).

What I'd consider a great 6 bulb combination would be "4-ATI blue plus, 1 GE 6500K, and 1 ATI purple plus" OR for a not as blue look I'd go with 4-ATI blue plus, 1 Coral Plus, and 1 ATI purple plus.

OOPS sorry, I meant I use Blue PLus, not AQBspecial , you are right about AQBS being too white!!

tundrashaul

Ended up going with a TEK six bulb for half cost of ATI.

Stocked with ATI bulbs.

2aquablue

2blue plus

1coral plus

1true actinic

I have two UVL super actinic I'm going to tune color in with for future setup options.

^ hope you got the elite for the internal fans. It'll help with bulb life. I am not sure about this but tek lights tend to overdrive their bulbs with the workhorse ballasts, leading to shorter bulb life. Which is why people go ATI. But just keep your eye out for bulb dullness or odd algae growth as signals for bulb replacement.

enjoy~

tundrashaul

Sure didn't. I plan on going back to LED within two years so I figure three sets of lamps if I keep it that long. With three sets I'm still under what the initial cost of TEK elite. More than enough documented success with the fixture I ordered so a no brainer really. I can put a 20 dollar fan in one way or another if there is a problem.

Archived