Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

"pod" ?

dhoffroad

dhoffroad

I just got back from vacation and seen this on one of my snails. What is it is it, a "pod" of some sort? Is is good or bad? The tank is kinda new . the pic is not the best but hopefully it is good enough .TIA

47b4db20b3127ccebd801078c1bd0000001610

AReeferIsExpensive

i cant tell what the heck is what in the pic. I think it would be easier if there were arrows that labled it! Are all of those things legs? is there a tail?? im confused~ well....maybe ill help by showing you an actual pods....

AReeferIsExpensive

isopod

i just picked this one b/c it looks like a bunch of legs like yours (i dont even know if those were legs lol)

g/l

dhoffroad

ok here you go I will try to get a better pic if needed . by the way the snail it is on is the size of a nickle. I just looked and it is still hanging on to the snail.

47b4db20b3127ccebd8de236e1c50000001610

dhoffroad

when I took it out of the tank it was dead well atleast not moving so I will think dead. did this come from inside the tank or from outside the tank (land bug or water bug) the first is the underside and the last is the top side next to a nickle for size refrence. What do you think?

47b4db20b3127ccebd8e9f10c1910000001610

47b4db20b3127ccebd8e9ff740460000001610

AReeferIsExpensive

yea i thought it looked like a silverfish too (we had a prob with those in a walls b4 we moved), but i was too embarassed to say it!

i thought it would be weird if someone pulls a bug out of their LR and i tell them its something that eats wood in your house~

g/l

dhoffroad

thanks for your replys after I pulled it out of the tank I also tought it was a silver fish , but I am new to SW and I am seeing diffirent things pop up in on the LR so I just had to ask. kinda funny that it was a silverFISH .

Archived