Innovative Marine Aquariums

Majano Anemones - Pests

albertthiel

albertthiel
I've also seriously considered a majano biotope. Still might try it when I have the time and space for an extra pico.

Good for you and if you can get those really nice colored one .... I think then that's indeed yet another nice small one to set up ... I would not put any in a main tank but if you set up a special one for them, why not ... hey that's the hobby .. tinker ..toy ... etc ... good luck

Albert

Hey jedimasterben / Islandoftiki how many majanos could I pack into a 5 gallon pico with a small mantis? After I get my 20tall packed with corals I am going to try a "pest-tope" :D

jedimasterben
Hey jedimasterben / Islandoftiki how many majanos could I pack into a 5 gallon pico with a small mantis? After I get my 20tall packed with corals I am going to try a "pest-tope" :D

Pretty much as many as you like. The dirtier the water, the better they seem to do.

How could anybody want to kill such a wonderful anemone?

252F29C8.jpg

Mine is due to arrive today!! I'm not too concerned about it taking over the tank. I keep it clean so they shouldn't get out of control. And the only other coral in the tank currently is a sun coral, so I'm not too worried :).

Worst case, I'll remove the sun coral if I had to.

albertthiel
Mine is due to arrive today!! I'm not too concerned about it taking over the tank. I keep it clean so they shouldn't get out of control. And the only other coral in the tank currently is a sun coral, so I'm not too worried :).

Worst case, I'll remove the sun coral if I had to.

All the best of luck with it (them as they multiply) and yes do keep an eye on that Sun one ... Good luck and keep us posted ...

Albert

All the best of luck with it (them as they multiply) and yes do keep an eye on that Sun one ... Good luck and keep us posted ...

Albert

Thanks! It is in the tank. I let it sit with the powerhead and filters off for an hour. Looks like it may have attached.

Still isn't happy, but it'll open up eventually :).

albertthiel
Thanks! It is in the tank. I let it sit with the powerhead and filters off for an hour. Looks like it may have attached.

Still isn't happy, but it'll open up eventually :).

That is what is called progress :)

Albert

Archived