SaltCritters.com

Leatherface's Love Shack and BBQ

LongPig

Setting up a matching 40 breeder to the one I already have. They'll share an ATO reservoir but have separate sumps. Just finished the plumbing except for drilling a return.

287e72f2.jpg

75e684e9.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK thanks. I can't wait to get this done. Waiting on too many packages to come in the mail right now! Going with cured rock and live sand as well as about 20 lbs. of GARF grunge.

Heater control mounted, ATO mounted just waiting on some items coming tomorrow. It's like Xmas eve right now!

Almost there. Anyone see a problem keeping maxi/minis with a peacock?

Lighting requirements would be my only concern. I'm not sure what the requirements of the maxi/minis are but peacocks cannot have high lights.

Lighting requirements would be my only concern. I'm not sure what the requirements of the maxi/minis are but peacocks cannot have high lights.

That was my only concern also.

You could always try it out and if it roams to much, bring it back or resell it. The LEDs on my light are dimmed down about halfway and my purple and green maxi has tucked itself into a little hole, vertically. It's not getting too much light.

Maybe I'll frag a part of it, and if it survives the initial fragging I'll send it to you as a test at the cost of shipping.

You could always try it out and if it roams to much, bring it back or resell it. The LEDs on my light are dimmed down about halfway and my purple and green maxi has tucked itself into a little hole, vertically. It's not getting too much light.

Maybe I'll frag a part of it, and if it survives the initial fragging I'll send it to you as a test at the cost of shipping.

That's really nice of you but I don't want you to stress an established animal for a test. I'll grab a cheap one locally. Thank you though!

My new monster. Ordered from my LFS. Showed up at a little over 6" long.

2557ab5d.jpg

Beautiful!!! May I ask what price range to expect for one this size?

I'll get more pics once he settles in. Heard him breaking something up last night. Could have been making himself comfortable or grabbing a midnight turbo snail snack.

TeflonTomDosh
I'll get more pics once he settles in. Heard him breaking something up last night. Could have been making himself comfortable or grabbing a midnight turbo snail snack.

Love these guys. Thinkin about turning my smaller nano into a mantis tank. I know the peacocks get pretty big, so I doubt I'd get one of those. Are there any other that are just as colorful that would be suitable for 12 gal that you know of?

Love these guys. Thinkin about turning my smaller nano into a mantis tank. I know the peacocks get pretty big, so I doubt I'd get one of those. Are there any other that are just as colorful that would be suitable for 12 gal that you know of?

Some species that can be kept in smaller are the following:

G. Smithii

G. Viridis

N. Wennerae

i can't see any posts here piggy

and wow, just as i posted the thread came to life! genius.

Setting up a matching 40 breeder to the one I already have. They'll share an ATO reservoir but have separate sumps. Just finished the plumbing except for drilling a return.

287e72f2.jpg

OMG are you for real?! My set up is like childs play to you eh?

:bowdown:

i can't see any posts here piggy

and wow, just as i posted the thread came to life! genius.

OMG are you for real?! My set up is like childs play to you eh?

:bowdown:

Hahaha thanks Kat. Sometimes when I'm setting up my tanks I see plumbing parts in my sleep.

• 5 weeks later...

I wish I could get just one good picture of the mantis to post. Everything I take is crap wrapped in crap and sprinkled with you guessed it...CRAP!

Archived