inTank Media Baskets

911 - Emergency help me please!!

KuyaLes

i need some help....i changed my water yesterday afternoon and was totally oblivious to the fact that right before i had washed my hands....i only have a 10 gallon nano....now there are soap bubbles floating at the top of my tank....what do i do??  What is going to happen??

Water change time. This time rinse well. :)

What do you have in the tank? If it's a new tank it might have some bubbles on it's own.

I'd probably do a 50% change, make sure you match temp and salinity carefully.

Yeah, theres a good chance that it's not soap residue.  I'd still change the water asap though.  If you have a LFS that sells premixed salt water I'd buy there, warm it up to within a few degrees of the tank water, and then do the change.  Any shock your inhabitants get from different salinity/temp in the change water will be easier on them than soap, and this saves you the day or so it would take to mix your own well.

I don't know if you'd see soap bubbles just from washing your hands either... unless you didn't rinse them at all!  I wash w/ soap before I dunk my hands in any tank.  Just rinse them very well.  I've always done this, and have very healthy aquariums.

I think unless you didnt rinse your hands after applying the soap, you dont have a problem.

Just carry out a water change just to be safe.

I always rinse my hands and then apply table salt all over my hands then wash it again before putting my hands in the tank.

Archived