Do you talk to your fish tank?

Lalani

Do you?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. DO you?

• Yes
    • No
    • I like turtles

I give my corals voices. I feed my acan and sun, and they go, "OM NOM NOM NOM SHRIMP!"

I'll ask them, "Would you like more shrimp?"

They stick their tentacles out in response. I swear I'm not crazy :blink::wacko:

slickwill613

I only seem to swear at the skunk cleaner when I feed candycanes. Otherwise I give em the silent treatment.

I swear at my tank a lot! My wife has named my damsel "Miss fish" and talks to her all the time. Now my 2 year old daughter has to say hi to Miss fish all the time also. :lol:

My daughter also talks to my cleaner shrimp.

gonzalez78

Only when I'm bored, which is like the whole #### day :) i love talking to tigger then he comes out from under the rocks. BTW tigger is my tiger goby.

PinkDamsel

I talk mostly to my crabs, murmuring sweet nothings to them throughout the day:

Popeye, you're SO handsome!

Nestlée, baby, where are you? Come on out, sweetheart.

Since I'm doing this at the office, it must annoy the heck out of the folks in the adjacent cubes . . . .

Deleted User 3

When i was staying with my mother, i got my sister (shes 6) a betta, and i talked to him all the time. "Hey buddyyyy, are you hungry? Oh your water is dirty, we have to clean that." "See you later gotta go to work!" ... >< I talk to my rats too and my dog.. and my plants... HELP i've turned crazy! I live alone... and I talk to my living things... I'm sure once i get my fish I will sit and chat with them too...

PinkDamsel

Ha-ha! This reminds me of when I was in high school, I read an article about plants having emotions and some guy was "proving" that by putting them on lie detectors. I became enamored.

I HATED science class, so I maneuvered out of regular assignments, grew 80 tomato plants and named them all "Irving". Then I somehow got into the police station in Fairfax, VA and put Irving on the lie detector, much to the amusement of the officer who gave the lie detector tests, lol.

I give my corals voices. I feed my acan and sun, and they go, "OM NOM NOM NOM SHRIMP!"

I'll ask them, "Would you like more shrimp?"

They stick their tentacles out in response. I swear I'm not crazy :blink::wacko:

Ha, someone who is stranger than even myself! Everyone knows corals can't understand english. :wizard:

Deleted User 3
Ha-ha! This reminds me of when I was in high school, I read an article about plants having emotions and some guy was "proving" that by putting them on lie detectors. I became enamored.

I HATED science class, so I maneuvered out of regular assignments, grew 80 tomato plants and named them all "Irving". Then I somehow got into the police station in Fairfax, VA and put Irving on the lie detector, much to the amusement of the officer who gave the lie detector tests, lol.

Hahaha! I talk to my car too. I think thats why it hasn't lost a wheel from the bearing issue yet.. lol

Spirofucci

Speaking to fish and assorted invertebrates is stupid and borderline schizo.

However, using three, four and five letter words at inanimate equipment that malfunctions is an everyday occurance at my house.

Archived