inTank Media Baskets

few questions

JGoslee

Its been awile since Ive been to this site.Had to take down my nanos because of a long deployment with the Marine Corps.Im setting up a new nano and I had a few questions?My new tank is a 20gal high.I have a csl 2-65watt pc hood.My question is can I install a 70watt mh in that hood?Would that be enough light?I dont want to get rid of my current lights I just want to modify them.Would a 150watt mh be to hot for that hood?Thanks

someone here just recently showed a retro on a 20" that looked pretty good.

i would go with the 150W or 175W with actinic supps. the 20H may be too deep for vho only for some people. it can be done but using the mh let's you do whatever you want.

I have pc not vho.The 150 and 175watt would make the hood to hot without raising it off the tank.The 70watt would be a good fit Im just not sure it would be powerful enough.

sorry, i thought you were still deciding on what to put onto it. pc's are fine too. my pers pref is vho, that's all.

the 70W may be ok but 'ok' translates into 'upgrade' in reeftalk. :P i would still get the 150W or higher and deal with the heat with another piece of cooling equipment.

lunchbucket has 400W on his 20H i believe. so it's not too much, it's just an issue to be dealt with. 1000W radium otoh may be too much. B) hth

The hood has legs and it puts the lights about 4 inches off the surface of the water.If I added a 150 watt I would have to come up with a way to raise the lights about 4-6 more inches.Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?Thanks

Archived