Top Shelf Aquatics

Will someone tell me WTF this is?

TeflonTomDosh

TeflonTomDosh
Actually, I didn't catch that either.

Come on bud, I told you what the coral was. Joke ID?

You said you thought it was Caulastrea but also that it was a shot in the dark. So is that what it is? Is this the color it's supposed to be? No, not a joke ID, hahha

DSL's on a girl?

I think that's Caulastrea still, and the updated pic supports it. It could also be a pair of small Lobophyllia, but that's much less likely. The wierd thing is that most Caulastrea are two tone, I'd expect yours to have green centers.

TeflonTomDosh
DSL's on a girl?

I think that's Caulastrea still, and the updated pic supports it. It could also be a pair of small Lobophyllia, but that's much less likely. The wierd thing is that most Caulastrea are two tone, I'd expect yours to have green centers.

Maybe they'll have green centers when I nurse them back to health. They were pretty much buried in junk when I pulled them out of the tank I bought from the lady off CL

And who might you be?

Someone that is better than you in every way imaginable... No, just kidding. But at least I don't act like a stuck up snob.

And ya, nice little rhyme thingy ya got going on there....

Like I said before, deepwater or branching lobophyllia, TeflonTom. Google those and compare the images to your coral and see what you think.

TeflonTomDosh
Well, I can tell you they seem to be in good health. Nice score for free.

Dude, there was so much with this tank. 40b, stand, current usa 250w/4x24w T5, HOB reef octo, penguin 400 (garbage), about 50 lbs of LR, same in sand, leopard wrasse, coral beauty, percula clown, misc cuc, 10 head frogspawn, 5 head torch, some polyps, some HUGE shrooms, powerheads, heater, HUGE derasa.

200 bucks.

Someone that is better than you in every way imaginable... No, just kidding. But at least I don't act like a stuck up snob.

Like I said before, deepwater or branching lobophyllia, TeflonTom. Google those and compare the images to your coral and see what you think.

Yeah, it does kinda look like this lobo here..

42523d1314214374-sold-branching-lobophyllia-hemprichii-wigan-wn6-7aq-lobo-2.jpg

buddythelion

I'm just going to go with common LPS that probably won't play nice with other corals so give it about 2-3" of space from other corals just in case. My micromussa fell on top of some of my zoas and when I finally noticed what happened the zoas were but melted flesh. So be careful with them!

Are you from the lounge? Only they start name calling and bashing people for no reason. Notice how I've not attacked you once and you keep on doing it. Let's go out for a beer later and talk about okay? My treat, only because I'm a snob. ;)

Are you from the lounge? Only they start name calling and bashing people for no reason. Notice how I've not attacked you once and you keep on doing it. Let's go out for a beer later and talk about okay? My treat, only because I'm a snob. ;)

No serious attacks meant to be honest, just all in good fun. It just might be a bad time right now for me to try and make jokes with a stranger when you have no idea that it's not meant to be serious. The lounge, no, I don't like cesspools that much :lol: . A beer you say? Now you might be talking, snob :D (just kiddin)

TeflonTomDosh

Well whatever the f%#Q it is, it fell off my LR and landed on my hairy mushroom (first coral ever) and melted half it away, poor guy :mellow:

Archived