Top Shelf Aquatics

Will someone tell me WTF this is?

TeflonTomDosh

TeflonTomDosh

Ok, so these both came along as HH in a tank I bought from a lady off CL not long ago, not sure what they are but here ya go. Any & all input appreciated!

Coral

coralid.jpg

Bivalve1 - ?

wtf1.jpg

Bivalve2 - ? I just found this one in the tank today on the back of a piece of the LR, pretty much identical to the first one...

wtf.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality, but I guess some are better than none! :)

The coral idk but the bivalve is a hitch hiking bivalve. I have a few. They don't get much bigger and are filter feeders.

would be nice to see a blurry pic, these are like so clear!

The first one could be candy cane or trumpet coral although the color on that is throwing me off.

Bi valves are good.

TeflonTomDosh

Looks like it. Trying to bring this thing back from the dead. Lady I bought tank from wasn't taking care of anything in there, and overfeeding the hell out of her fish. But the tank was a steal, oh well :) Any ideas on what I can do to get it to perk up? I moved it to my 12gal Jbj and its @ the top of the column. Feed cyclopleeze to the tank 2x a week. heavy flow? lots of light?

No need to be a smarta$$

I think you're right.

Wrong....

It's a deepwater or "branching" Lobophyllia.

TeflonTomDosh

The first one could be candy cane or trumpet coral although the color on that is throwing me off.

Bi valves are good.

Sorry Kat, us Floridians aren't as advanced as you NY'rs with your fancy DSLs or whatever your boyfriend calls them. ;)

No need to be a smarta$$

Wrong....

It's a deepwater or "branching" Lobophyllia.

Thanks, I'll check that out!

No need to be a smarta$$

And who might you be?

Sorry Kat, us Floridians aren't as advanced as you NY'rs with your fancy DSLs or whatever your boyfriend calls them. ;)

The shoes on my feet

I've bought it

The clothes I'm wearing

I've bought it

The rock I'm rockin'

'Cause I depend on me

If I wanted the watch you're wearin'

I'll buy it

The house I live in

I've bought it

The car I'm driving

I've bought it

I depend on me

NanoOrBust

The shoes on my feet

I've bought it

The clothes I'm wearing

I've bought it

The rock I'm rockin'

'Cause I depend on me

If I wanted the watch you're wearin'

I'll buy it

The house I live in

I've bought it

The car I'm driving

I've bought it

I depend on me

^^^ Love it ^^^ :haha:

I have to say, it does look like it could be a Lobo, all though I wouldn't go so far as "deepwater." The picture is, as has been covered extensively, a bit hard to see, so it could be at least 5 things. I'd also look in to Candy Canes (Caulastrea Sp.)

One thing you could try is simply getting everything under good light and take a picture of the general area. It might actually be easier to ID from a distance than a blurry close in shot. What are the size of the polyps? About a 50 cent piece, give or take?

...with your fancy DSLs or whatever your boyfriend calls them. ;)

In NewYork, I think they call it cable, T1, or fiber. :D

Seriously tho, no need to be so defensive. If you're going to ask for people's time with a rather blurry photo, then be prepared. After all, she is trying to answer your question. {shrug} I couldn't tell you what it is for the same reason.

I'd also look in to Candy Canes (Caulastrea Sp.)

I thought so too but that color is throwing me off. Acans is another possibility but the edges seem far too round. HH scoly maybe. Now that would be a find.

NanoOrBust

It does look like a bi-color candy cane from the top with poor lighting, but the side shot is throwing me off.

TeflonTomDosh
I have to say, it does look like it could be a Lobo, all though I wouldn't go so far as "deepwater." The picture is, as has been covered extensively, a bit hard to see, so it could be at least 5 things. I'd also look in to Candy Canes (Caulastrea Sp.)

One thing you could try is simply getting everything under good light and take a picture of the general area. It might actually be easier to ID from a distance than a blurry close in shot. What are the size of the polyps? About a 50 cent piece, give or take?

I'd say that's about accurate.

All right, that could potentially eliminate some options. Does the flesh have any sort of texture? Bumps or extrusions? Have you seen feeders at all? If you have, what did those look like?

I'm still feeling Caulastrea, but it really is a shot in the dark. I can say LPS for sure :P.

TeflonTomDosh

it wasn't so much a HH as it was a freebie. The lady I bought this tank from hadn't been taking care of it at all. The pix are so crappy cause my EVO is shot. Getting a new one Friday though. Anyhow, it's purple in color, and seems to have perked up a bit since I've gotten it. Let me try to get another pic, maybe if I DON'T use flash I can catch a good one. here we go

coral3-1.jpg

In NewYork, I think they call it cable, T1, or fiber. :D

Seriously tho, no need to be so defensive. If you're going to ask for people's time with a rather blurry photo, then be prepared. After all, she is trying to answer your question. {shrug} I couldn't tell you what it is for the same reason.

I was referring to the camera, not type of internet. Also, I wasn't being defensive, I was joking. You've never seen a girl with some DSLs? If I have to tell you what that means, nevermind.

Archived