Coral Vue Hydros

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3
did you get rock and fill the tank?

She didn't show up and wont answer my fb messages. <_< Just waiting on her.. shes got some LR for me... i even messaged her this morning and she said she didn't know what time... but never showed up at anytime.

Deleted User 3
We'll all be patient with you....hahaha fingerscrossed!

Well i'm glad youre patient.. i'm rather impatient.. lol. Looking @ otherways to get live rock. My BRS shipment for dry is 8.6 pounds says UPS, so maybe i got extra :haha:

Now i only need a little live rock if that STUPID lady (yes im calling her stupid now cuz im angry!) would have shown up.. its 7 $ a pound at my LFS.. :rant:

Break down and buy 1 peice of LR to seed the base. You can also order some cheato with pods online pretty cheap too help it along. I use RO water out of the cullagen machine at walmart. Bring your own 5gal jugs and its only 1.87 for 5gals. If you continue using this type of water invest in a 15 buck TDS meter to make sure its pure.I personally wouldn't use distilled. Too much phosphates and a lot of algae issues. Good luck and above all be patient

Deleted User 3
Break down and buy 1 peice of LR to seed the base. You can also order some cheato with pods online pretty cheap too help it along. I use RO water out of the cullagen machine at walmart. Bring your own 5gal jugs and its only 1.87 for 5gals. If you continue using this type of water invest in a 15 buck TDS meter to make sure its pure.I personally wouldn't use distilled. Too much phosphates and a lot of algae issues. Good luck and above all be patient

Its 18 bucks for the stupid container! lol i'm working on finding one from family somewhere. I was told orginally to use distilled, so for now thats what i will use, our culligan thing is broken right now :(. I have a good CUC going to come so ill suck it up with the algae. I only have like 8 pounds of dry rock coming, don't i need more than 1 pound live to make my rock quota?

Did you figure out the siphoning?? It's super physics fun :) In order to get the water flowing down the siphon tube, the source of your water must sit higher than your tank or where you want the water to go. So if you've filled up a bucket of salt water to add to your tank, that bucket must sit on top of the tank or on a stand that's taller than the tank. Then, when you suck on the tube to get the water flowing, its easier if you get below the bucket as well, so the end of the tube that you are sucking on is below the other end of the tube sitting in the bucket. Then you just gotta suck enough air out of the tube so the water gets over the lip of the bucket and down far enough so again, its below the starting end of the tube. The whole siphoning thing feels really counter intuitive to me and its like magic every time lol :D No surprise I struggled through my physics lectures :P

There not enough turgor pressure in your sink to push the water in and out of the siphon. You need depth!

Deleted User 3
There not enough turgor pressure in your sink to push the water in and out of the siphon. You need depth!

WELL DAMNIT! lol. I will try in my bathtub with the 5g bucket i have :P Maybe that will work. For now i gotta run to grammies house and print off my syllabus for skool. >< :haha:

Hopefully the rock lady will come through for you!!!!!

Tube sucking......you have to get the water over the hump in the tube...like on it's way down...before you stop sucking.

Deleted User 3
Hopefully the rock lady will come through for you!!!!!

Tube sucking......you have to get the water over the hump in the tube...like on it's way down...before you stop sucking.

Tricky business, who would have thought! lol. She still hasn't messaged me so i assume she's stupid. Theres a guy 30 min from me who has some, but i can't drive on the highway with my car til i fix my bearing & tierod ends which require a torque wrench and a metric socket wrench with various add-ons to it.. and someone to drive me to the auto shop so i can get my bearing pressed.. lol. >< Oh my life!

Deleted User 3

-- From a guy who is in my local reef chapter (but lives a bit away.. )

Ok, that helps for sure, I got some nice rubble I can offer as well as some smaller pieces then. The LR I have is somewhat newer base rock, has been in sump for awhile but it all doesnt have a full coat of purple. Ill try to get you some purple as well as some just good pieces for seeding. Tank is 100% pest free, no Aiptasia, flatworms or anything of that sort.

:D YES! But i have to wait til june 3rd... ITCHY SOOO ITCCHHYYY :(:rant:

Deleted User 3

:D Got my BRS rock today it looks FANTASTIC. lots of holes! Dont worry i have the openings in the tank closed so little to no dust will get in :) No water in yet, waiting for my LR to be closer to here.

IMAG0198.jpg Green peanuts!

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg In with light off

IMAG0202.jpg In with light on

Deleted User 3
Looks like really nice rock!

It looks fantastic! I got the 2.42/lb rock, eco reef saver or something. It looks just like pictured, little rubble, but pretty decent peices, and one perfect to make a lil arch! haha. I want to make a big arch but that might be tricky.

Deleted User 3
Nice look! I like the rock-scape, too -- open, but still with caves and crevices.

Yeah thats what I thought, *few* im glad someone likes it. It has all sorts of holes and a bigger hole to hide in. :)

Great scape!

Oh good, more people to like my quickscape :P Thanks! I appreciate it! :) I'm kind of fond of it. It has sort of a arch, with the other side having little holes and caves. When i get the live rock im going to put more on the left side and some rubble on the right. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 3

Got a no brand refratometer.. seems like it works, didn't even need to calibrate it as it was at 0 already. We'll see! I get LR in TWO DAYS :haha: REALLY awesome lr the guy said... im so exciteeeeeeeed. then i have to get a cuc & fish.. i think i might just get 2 clowns and be done with it. lol I'm still back and forth PS yes i know I have to wait til it cycles to add fish :P

also order enough salt for 50 gal +i have my 'for a 10gal' salt too. hopefully it'll last a while. Still haven't conquered the siphon lol. Can't find anything deep enough.

Archived