ReefCleaners.org

Rewiring Marineland Reef LEDS

nystang

Most of you guys are very capable of different electrical project so I am asking you if there is an easy way to rewire the Marineland Reef Capable LEDS to control separately blue leds and separetely white/blue. Right now the fixture has one power cable and a switch with two positions, 1 - white/blue, 2 - blue only. Once I installed Apex Jr I would love to have more control over my lights. I also have 3 other modules that I can control individually so I want the same with marineland.

IMO if you are putting in all this time and $, i strongly suggest something better than Marineland, worst fixture ever made.

Radion, Ecoxotic, Elos, Aqua Illumination, or get a DIY kit from Rapid LED/some where else (dimmable and you don't have to soder)

disaster999

im guessing the LED is mounted on a premade pcb and wired in such a way that simply soldering wires around would not rewire the fixture.

TeflonTomDosh
Thanks,

As I mentioned I have 3 other modules (Ecoxotic) and i still use Marineland as a supplement.

What are you supplementing? I have 2 ecoxotic panorama pros 12k/445 and 445. I also have the 445 pico strip as my "moonlight". Have that on a dimmer so I can adjust it accordingly as it's pretty bright.

I have 1 - 12k/445 Pro module and 2 - 445nm Pro modules - all on dimmers plus a small lunar light at night. Tank - 29g, 30"W x12"D x 18"H

andrewguilfoy

I wouldn't cut it up. And I DO cut things up, like everything. Lesson learned: I would sell it before you destroy it because then you won't be able to sell it. And thats where things get depressing haha. Because I didn't even accomplish my goal.

Though, by the time you add all these lights up it easily pays for the larger brother. I think you'd be pretty happy with the controllability too.

I know. I made a mistake by buying Marineland. It was $229 and I added 3 Ecoxotic modules plus accessories and it is total around $570!!!! I know, I know, thank you, I'm sorry etc, etc.

Thanks a lot Nerdman. This is exactly what I was looking for. A lot of work but I will try it.

Thanks !

Thanks. And that reminded me that I need to update my avatar as I added a hood scoop recently.

Sweet. I like the new body style. Makes me want another. I have 3, 89 fox body, 08 cali special, and my fav the 04. I got a 66 nova to, so im not just a ford boy lol.

Had to share a quick pic. Lol

334af134.jpg

Let us now how the marineland mod goes. My brother has one of those laying around, might be a fun thing to try myself.

Nice! I really dig the new body.

And thank you. The color was a pain in the but! I mixed it myself. 12 coats of paint total to get that color. It shifts frm yellow to orange. Its a candy. The top is actually gray and not black. I widened the back of the car 3in on each side. Lol. Kept it as factory as possibe. Cut the roof out to, its a targa top now.

Here is a pic that shows the color shift better

e04fa733.jpg

Thanks Nerdman again!

I followed the steps and rewired my Marineland LEDs so now my Apex turn on actinic leds and later on white leds. With separate 445nm and 12k Ecoxotic power supply it make my life so much easier. Thanks for the link and.......drive slowly!

Absolutely stunning. I can imagine how many complements you have every day on the street. Gorgeous!

Thank you!

Thanks Nerdman again!

I followed the steps and rewired my Marineland LEDs so now my Apex turn on actinic leds and later on white leds. With separate 445nm and 12k Ecoxotic power supply it make my life so much easier. Thanks for the link and.......drive slowly!

Awesome, glad it helped you out. And always speed limit, i save the fast stuff for the roadcourse.

Archived