Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Seabass's In-wall 100 Gallon

seabass

• 1 month later...

I added a back panel to my stand. I figured it would help protect the wall.

041515d.jpg

I also changed my plumbing design around a bit.

041515a.jpg

And I used flexible tubing for the return line.

041515b.jpg

Sump up and running (w/out skimmer or other equipment).

041515c.jpg

• Like 3

Aquascaped it. Nothing special, essentially 5 rocks and a little rock frag. I'm not in love with it, but it's alright.041615a.jpg

I used less than half of the rock that I thought I would. I didn't use the three largest rocks (one wouldn't even fit through the top holes). I just seemed too crowded, and I wanted room for maintenance, flow, swimming space, and coral growth).

Maintenance is a lot harder being behind it, having to stand on a step stool, and having the massive bracing on top.

• Like 8

Yeah, I have an ASM G4. Fits pretty good in a 40B sump. It's rated for 350 gallons, so maybe a little overkill (but I think it'll be fine).

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Yeah, I have an ASM G4. Fits pretty good in a 40B sump. It's rated for 350 gallons, so maybe a little overkill (but I think it'll be fine).

Skim hard or go home, right? lol!

• Like 2

Aquascaped it. Nothing special, essentially 5 rocks and a little rock frag. I'm not in love with it, but it's alright.041615a.jpg

I used less than half of the rock that I thought I would. I didn't use the three largest rocks (one wouldn't even fit through the top holes). I just seemed too crowded, and I wanted room for maintenance, flow, swimming space, and coral growth).

Maintenance is a lot harder being behind it, having to stand on a step stool, and having the massive bracing on top.

i like it. scape is great

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Trio of Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudanthias bartlettorum):

041715a.jpg

A large male and two smaller females. They are all eating Hikari frozen mysis.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.

Trio of anthias:

041715a.jpg

A large male and two smaller females. They are all eating Hikari frozen mysis.

Very nice.

What are you planning for other fish?

• Like 1

What are you planning for other fish?

Not much. I currently have a pair of tank bred ocellaris clownfish that I've had for years, and a bicolor blenny. I'll likely add them in a few weeks (once I'm comfortable with how the anthias are doing). I'll probably also add a wrasse, but I don't see myself packing it full of fish.

• Like 2

I can't promise anything. But I'll post updates occasionally, or whenever I add or change something. I'm not planning on spending insane amounts of cash on livestock, so don't expect it to be anything spectacular for quite some time. I still have some equipment to setup, so there should be plenty of updates coming.

• Like 1

Put the ASM G4 protein skimmer in.

042115a.jpg

Holy microbubbles Batman! I might have to add a bubble trap if it doesn't get better.

Since this pic, I installed the prefilter on the Mag 9.5 to see if that would help. Hey, nobody makes a prefilter for a baffle (that sits on top of it) do they?

• Like 3