Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus

I know I'm kinda late with this but w/e. With the shaving brushes, I've found they die shorty after transport. BUT, if you leave them there, babies will sprout up from the roots, as if its a stress response

I know I'm kinda late with this but w/e. With the shaving brushes, I've found they die shorty after transport. BUT, if you leave them there, babies will sprout up from the roots, as if its a stress response

Good to know. Thanks!

Cute little fishies. And beautiful rics you've got there. Can't wait for my cycle to finish so I can start getting stuff in my cube.

Thanks, Jake!!!! It's hard waiting on that darn cycle!

I love the new little clowns, Gena! They're very cute! Sorry they're stressing you out, but hopefully they'll be fine with the nems. They move so fast, they should dart away before the nem could get them.

Thanks!!!!! They are very sweet. They are also very fast, but I don't think they'd be any match against a maxi anemone. So far so good though!!!!!

I got my snowflakes when they were only 4 months old from Pickle010 here on NR. I was all stressed out. They were tiny and I drove all over God's creation to get them. They are some hearty little dudes and dudettes. Love em to death.

:lol: I was soooo stressed yesterday. My heart was racing when they got near the maxis!!!!!! After I moved the two maxis I felt much better.

:wub: so cute!!!

:)

Those little guys are so cute! And have I mentioned that I love that tank?

Thanks, Mark. I think you might have a few time :) I never get tired of hearing it ;)

The baby clowns are so cute! I remember that Bozette was a streaking freak the first week she was in the tank -- constantly moving, frantically swimming up and down one side of the tank. I thought she'd kill herself or I'd have to take her back! Then, all of a sudden, she calmed down. I still love when she swims over to inspect a piece of rock -- she looks so intent! It was so smart to get two right away -- no ocellaris-cide to contend with!

Streaking freak is a GREAT way to describe it!!!!!! I'll be happy when these two calm down. They seem like they are constantly hungry. I guess they are growing babies. I'll feed them twice a day since they are so little.

That looks great Gena! And your baby clowns are adorable! :wub:

The new clowns are really cute :)

Thanks, banshee and Hravanii!!!!

Ohhhhh....GREAT info. there!!!!!!! I'll try again now that I know this. I have no sand in this tank, but I will in the new tank!!!!!

_________

Baby clowns made it through the night without getting eaten...yay!!!!! I think they may be ok!!!!!! I had to put a nightlight on for them last night....so cute.

MeanGreenEyes

Another new tank? Details please? lol Congrats on the new babies...I hope they survive those evil/beautiful nems! Everything is looking great. I have been trying to find macro's locally with no luck...everyone either only has too little to sell or none at all...may have to break down and order online. :(

Everyone can be jealous now! I got a package of Gena's gorgeous macros! And to top it off I got a package of macros from Danyello too! :lol: My tank is now somewhat comparable to Gena's magical macro forest! ;) Thanks again Gena!

ScubaEthan
Of course you can have one! I need to get Ethan one too! Hopefully they'll start feeling a little moody soon. Well, only two moody mushrooms is what I need :lol:

They are very happy where they sit right now. Eventually the new ones will get shaded and probably want to take a hike!

Sure...this week is fine with me. Just let me know when. We can do our usual or the weekend as well.

Those mushies are mine! Haha jk

I love baby clowns! Mine were 7 months when I got them in January. Bozo is tiny still, about the size of yours, but the female is almost 1.5 times as big, Do you know how old yours are? I've considered doing clownfish art. Kind of like how they let monkeys and elephants paint then sell it... but I could do abstract photography with orange, white, and black streaks through it. Omg and when I first got them, I worried all the time. I believe that's how I ended up here. I thought Bozo was having a heart attack! Just a heart attacked with love in the cupid shuffle.

Another new tank? Details please? lol Congrats on the new babies...I hope they survive those evil/beautiful nems! Everything is looking great. I have been trying to find macro's locally with no luck...everyone either only has too little to sell or none at all...may have to break down and order online. :(

Yes! I picked up an AquaEuro USA 28g tank at a garage sale for $35!!!!!! It's a $300 tank! It was barely used too. I'm moving the NC12 into it. I have pictures of it on my NC12 thread if you want to check it out.

So far so good on the clowns staying away from the maxis!!!!! They are such sweet little clowns :happy:

Everyone can be jealous now! I got a package of Gena's gorgeous macros! And to top it off I got a package of macros from Danyello too! :lol: My tank is now somewhat comparable to Gena's magical macro forest! ;) Thanks again Gena!

Those macros will grow in no time for you!!!!! I'm glad you like them!!!!

Those mushies are mine! Haha jk

I love baby clowns! Mine were 7 months when I got them in January. Bozo is tiny still, about the size of yours, but the female is almost 1.5 times as big, Do you know how old yours are? I've considered doing clownfish art. Kind of like how they let monkeys and elephants paint then sell it... but I could do abstract photography with orange, white, and black streaks through it. Omg and when I first got them, I worried all the time. I believe that's how I ended up here. I thought Bozo was having a heart attack! Just a heart attacked with love in the cupid shuffle.

I have no idea how old they are. I wish I did!!!!! Mine seem to be calming down a little. They are still constantly begging for food though :lol:

The clownfish art sounds really cool!!!!

So pretty and definately a macro forrest.

Thanks, Danielle! I'm glad you were able to stop by yesterday!!!!! How's the C. Barbata doing in your tank?

nathanq.inc

Those clowns look so cool! It'll be cool to see them pair up, has their been any indications as to which one might end up the little male? or the female?

Absolutely no sign of who's gonna be the boss :lol: They are actually very nice to each other. They play follow the leader..it's pretty darn cute.

I was having a heart attack again today. I thought for sure this would be the day that one would be eaten. I actually tried to catch them with my net because I fully intended to take them back to my LFS. I didn't want to see them get eaten!!!!!

But......I couldn't catch them easily so I sat and watched a bit. I saw one (possibly both) touch a maxi with it's tail and QUICKLY shoot away from it, stopping in mid swim to look at it like "What was THAT?????" :lol: It was pretty comical. So, I feel much better about their safety. They can get away as long as they don't swim right into it. If they start horse playing and not paying attention, it could have deadly consequences.

I have some new photos. I went to my LFS today and bought a new coral for my not even set up 28g tank!!!!! They had a nice fat rock with big green mushrooms that I couldn't pass up. They are sitting in a soap basket until they can make the move into the new tank.

photos!!!!!

New green mushrooms for 28g tank:

IMG_2934.jpg

Making me nervous in maxi-land:

IMG_2933-1.jpg

sexies:

IMG_2935.jpg

Those are some nice looking mushrooms you got :)

I actually bought 2 of those soap dishes at Target today. Thanks for giving me they idea! They are perfect for holding the macros I'm acquiring for my new seahorse pico.

Glad to hear the clowns are still doing well. Hopefully they'll keep darting away from the maxis.

surgicalsense

:happydance:

Those are really pretty. I do not like the babies swimming close like that to the nems. A total, no bueno situation :scarry:

... Let me know if you want me to adopt any of the corals you do not want to move into the AE. I will also gladly buy them, too.

Those are some nice looking mushrooms you got :)

I actually bought 2 of those soap dishes at Target today. Thanks for giving me they idea! They are perfect for holding the macros I'm acquiring for my new seahorse pico.

Glad to hear the clowns are still doing well. Hopefully they'll keep darting away from the maxis.

Thanks!!!! They are kind of garden variety, but I love mushrooms...even the brown ones :lol: These have a very nice bright green color. When fully expanded, I think they are stunning. They aren't able to stretch their legs at all in the basket!!!!! Glad you found some baskets!!!!!

i miss my maxis and sexies :(

They are great together. I would miss them too if I didn't have them anymore!

:happydance:

Those are really pretty. I do not like the babies swimming close like that to the nems. A total, no bueno situation :scarry:

... Let me know if you want me to adopt any of the corals you do not want to move into the AE. I will also gladly buy them, too.

I was sweaty and my heart was racing :lol: I'm ok now that I know they can get away with just a light touching.

I'll will have some leftovers. I plan to chip at the rocks to avoid bryopsis. I'll share with you for free :)

surgicalsense

OMG, woman this is not suppose to stress you out :P .... and yes, that was dangerously to close for comfort :unsure:

I wish you had one of the smaller mess tanks you can put inside for the babies, to kind of isolate them in a way. It would be like a play-pin for them.

... and thank you :happy:

When I get to Abq and settle a bit, I am going to look in Old-Town for something for your living room. Not sure what, because it is a difference in decor. But, I have an eye ... I will find something from Abq, and it will work with the circa.

OMG, woman this is not suppose to stress you out :P .... and yes, that was dangerously to close for comfort :unsure:

I wish you had one of the smaller mess tanks you can put inside for the babies, to kind of isolate them in a way. It would be like a play-pin for them.

... and thank you :happy:

When I get to Abq and settle a bit, I am going to look in Old-Town for something for your living room. Not sure what, because it is a difference in decor. But, I have an eye ... I will find something from Abq, and it will work with the circa.

They could really use a play pen!!!!!!

That's so sweet of you!!!! I love southwest decor, actually! I try to mix some in, in my den. I have a throw and some pillows right now.

Glad the clowns are okay! I'm dying to get a new o/w clown now. All these new babies are giving me livestock fever! :lol:

Everything looks amazing! The clowns are awesome, so little and tiny.

Question:

Having never owned maxi and sexi's, how is it that the maxi don't eat the sexi's but may eat the clowns?

P.S. May have to find a way to steal some of that dragon's breath from you. Could use some in my 55g.

Glad the clowns are okay! I'm dying to get a new o/w clown now. All these new babies are giving me livestock fever! :lol:

Yep...me too!!!! They are still great today too :happy:

Everything looks amazing! The clowns are awesome, so little and tiny.

Question:

Having never owned maxi and sexi's, how is it that the maxi don't eat the sexi's but may eat the clowns?

P.S. May have to find a way to steal some of that dragon's breath from you. Could use some in my 55g.

Thanks!!!!! I'm not sure why the maxis don't eat the sexies. They have zero interest in them. I see the shrimp have to jump away sometimes, but only because they get their little feet stuck to them. The maxis don't try to pull them in.

Dragons breath is a great macro. It crows fairly fast and is really nice looking. You should get some!

more mushrooms! amazing looking! :D glad your clownfish haven't been eaten yet hahaha

Thanks, nathan!!!!! They are really puffed up today. I need to transfer them sooooon!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!! I'm not sure why the maxis don't eat the sexies. They have zero interest in them. I see the shrimp have to jump away sometimes, but only because they get their little feet stuck to them. The maxis don't try to pull them in.

Dragons breath is a great macro. It crows fairly fast and is really nice looking. You should get some!

Any chance you'd be willing to ship some my way (if you have extra)? I'm in Ohio. Let me know.

Any chance you'd be willing to ship some my way (if you have extra)? I'm in Ohio. Let me know.

Eventually, for sure. I rescued this small clump from my NC12 where it kept getting pushed loose by the flow and settling in the back without light. It went from a big clump to the small clump it is now. It's about doubled in size since it's been in this macro tank so I should have some to share before toooo long. The color has really blossomed in this tank. It now has the bright orange tips and looks like a flame!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!

Picture:

DSC01427.jpg

The dragons breath looks like its doing awesome in your macro tank. I'm first in line for some! :D

How's the stand coming along for the new tank? I'm anxious for build photos!

Archived