The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait to see the clowns!! :D

;)

I'm acclimating 3 more sexies too!

For those who don't know.......I picked up a couple of tank bred ocellaris for this tank today. Finally :)

Yay! Clownfish! I can't wait to see them in the tank. :)

Gena, I've been meaning to ask you, you have some Dragon's Breath macroalgae from Brad right? Is it growing well in your tank? I'd love to have some in the dwarf seahorse tank eventually, so I wanted to see if I could maybe get a piece of yours when it gets big enough that you have to trim it. I'd of course pay for shipping and trade you a frag for it :)

Yay! Clownfish! I can't wait to see them in the tank. :)

Gena, I've been meaning to ask you, you have some Dragon's Breath macroalgae from Brad right? Is it growing well in your tank? I'd love to have some in the dwarf seahorse tank eventually, so I wanted to see if I could maybe get a piece of yours when it gets big enough that you have to trim it. I'd of course pay for shipping and trade you a frag for it :)

Yeah....there's something about baby o's that's just sooooo adorable. Well, any baby clownfish are adorable :lol:

I do! I was able to save a small piece and it's doubled in size since I've added it to the macro tank. I can definitely give you some when it grows out some more. I'll let you know when it's ready!

Yeah....there's something about baby o's that's just sooooo adorable. Well, any baby clownfish are adorable :lol:

I do! I was able to save a small piece and it's doubled in size since I've added it to the macro tank. I can definitely give you some when it grows out some more. I'll let you know when it's ready!

Baby clownfish are absolutely the cutest! How big are the ones you got?

Great! I'm glad its doing well in your tank :) I'm in no rush to stock all the macroalgae, so I can definitely wait until it gets bigger. I'm trying to keep a good variety of color with the algae. My plan right now is blue octodes, red grape, Dragon's Breath, red gracilaria, and then some green caulerpa and shaving brush.

Baby clownfish are absolutely the cutest! How big are the ones you got?

Great! I'm glad its doing well in your tank :) I'm in no rush to stock all the macroalgae, so I can definitely wait until it gets bigger. I'm trying to keep a good variety of color with the algae. My plan right now is blue octodes, red grape, Dragon's Breath, red gracilaria, and then some green caulerpa and shaving brush.

They are small! Like maybe 1.5". Too cute :wub:

Sounds like a nice macro stocking plan. I never had any luck with shaving brush the times I tried. Could have been the source though.

They are small! Like maybe 1.5". Too cute :wub:

Sounds like a nice macro stocking plan. I never had any luck with shaving brush the times I tried. Could have been the source though.

Awww, I'm sure they're adorable :)

I'm not sure how difficult shaving brushes are to keep, but I'm going to order my CUC and some macroalgaes from ReefCleaners and he has the shaving brushes for only $5, so I figured I'd get one and try it.

Baby O's??? How cool! How big are they?

I think they are about 1.5" They are pretty little :)

Baby clowns are super cute! We need pictures!

I'll have pictures up soon :)

Awww, I'm sure they're adorable :)

I'm not sure how difficult shaving brushes are to keep, but I'm going to order my CUC and some macroalgaes from ReefCleaners and he has the shaving brushes for only $5, so I figured I'd get one and try it.

I got my brushes from reef cleaners and each time they didn't live. I think Danielle's died too.

Yay for baby clowns! Can't wait for pics!

Coming up shortly :)

omg...these guys look so tiny in my tank. I'm sooooooo nervous. They keep swimming dangerously close to the maxis. I think they might end up being maxi food :scarry:

I can't stand to watch the tank!!!!!

Baby clowns are still alive! They were giving me a heart attack though. I forgot how hyper they are when they are young!!!!!!! I ended up moving two maxis to the side/back. Baby clowns were getting too close to them for my comfort!!!!!!

I kinda wish I didn't get fish. Now I'm constantly worried about them. They are so little and innocent. I feel like I need to protect them 24/7 :lol:

Pictures were a nightmare to get. They are CONSTANTLY moving. Here's the best of the bunch that I took:

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

surgicalsense

Those new mushies are to die for! ... If one of them gets moody and moves, could I have it :P

... I need to come by this week? I can't take it anymore :lol:

Of course you can have one! I need to get Ethan one too! Hopefully they'll start feeling a little moody soon. Well, only two moody mushrooms is what I need :lol:

They are very happy where they sit right now. Eventually the new ones will get shaded and probably want to take a hike!

Sure...this week is fine with me. Just let me know when. We can do our usual or the weekend as well.

JakeJekel37

Cute little fishies. And beautiful rics you've got there. Can't wait for my cycle to finish so I can start getting stuff in my cube.

I love the new little clowns, Gena! They're very cute! Sorry they're stressing you out, but hopefully they'll be fine with the nems. They move so fast, they should dart away before the nem could get them.

I got my brushes from reef cleaners and each time they didn't live. I think Danielle's died too.

Hmmm, I may not get any then. I wonder why they're so hard to keep alive. They look so cool!

I kinda wish I didn't get fish. Now I'm constantly worried about them. They are so little and innocent. I feel like I need to protect them 24/7 :lol:

I got my snowflakes when they were only 4 months old from Pickle010 here on NR. I was all stressed out. They were tiny and I drove all over God's creation to get them. They are some hearty little dudes and dudettes. Love em to death.

The baby clowns are so cute! I remember that Bozette was a streaking freak the first week she was in the tank -- constantly moving, frantically swimming up and down one side of the tank. I thought she'd kill herself or I'd have to take her back! Then, all of a sudden, she calmed down. I still love when she swims over to inspect a piece of rock -- she looks so intent! It was so smart to get two right away -- no ocellaris-cide to contend with!

Archived