ReefCleaners.org

The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

altolamprologus
Thanks, alto! The species in this tank are all my favorite things :) I like having the coral tank (NC12) but I can honestly say I like this forest tank even more!!!!!!! I too can't wait to see what it does over the next couple of years.

I've been trying to get as much info as I can on macros/sponges/gorgonians. Do you know of any good books out there?

This book is awesome. It covers macros, tunicates, sponges, worms, clams, and pretty much every other invert we keep in tanks.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This book is awesome. It covers macros, tunicates, sponges, worms, clams, and pretty much every other invert we keep in tanks.

Oh my gosh....I HAVE that book and totally forgot about it (duh moment)!!!!!! I just pulled it off the book shelf. I know what I'll be doing tonight :) Thanks!!!!!!

Holy Moley Gena. You really do have a blue thumb!

:lol: I like that. I'll refer to it as my blue thumb from now on.

You make me sick.

:tears:

Tank looks great,lots of color. ;)

:wub:

Thanks, you two :happy:

Caught my Florida cerith snail making snail egg trails on the wall this morning :) I think it stopped once the lights came on.

ceritheggs.jpg

I like the way the way the BB looks with that tank especially if you let those frags encrust the bottom panel.

I like the way the way the BB looks with that tank especially if you let those frags encrust the bottom panel.

Thanks! Do you mean the ricordeas? I'm hoping they will do just that :)

can you send me some macros? :3

I'm planning to eventually sell these macros here in the classifieds. Keep an eye out ;)

I have MORE pictures :lol:

It's so fun to take pictures of this tank. Its actually easier for me to take photos of plants than corals. And the sexy shrimp are so darn photogenic :happy:

Hopefully tomorrow my LFS will have my baby ocellaris clowns...and whatever else he was able to pick up from my list!!!!!

pictures.......

macro5-9-12.jpg

macro5-9-12no1.jpg

macro5-9-12no3.jpg

macro5-9-12no4.jpg

Can anyone id this red one?

macro5-9-12no5.jpg

macro5-9-12no6.jpg

macro5-9-12no7.jpg

macro5-9-12no8.jpg

macro5-9-12no9.jpg

Thanks! Do you mean the ricordeas? I'm hoping they will do just that :)

macro5-9-12no9.jpg

I think so, but I'm no coral savant; the ones in the bottom right of this pic would look amazing^

I'm planning to eventually sell these macros here in the classifieds. Keep an eye out ;)

you could also sell it to me now :D

I think so, but I'm no coral savant; the ones in the bottom right of this pic would look amazing^

Yep...that's the ricordeas. They are mushrooms and I do hope they spread :happy:

you could also sell it to me now :D

Give me a couple of months growth first ;) Most still need to attach to the rocks.

I just love that garden!!!!

Thanks, Mark :)

WOW WOW WOW WOW -- you are totally becoming my inspiration for all thing tank-related :bowdown:!

:blush:

Thanks for the ego boost :lol:

_________

I was able to ID the red macro on my own. It's called Wishbone and it's a gracilaria spp. Now I just have two other macros I need to ID and I'm set :)

Headed out soon to run errands, one of which is a stop at the LFS to see what he was able to get me. Woohoo...I love Thursdays! That's my LFS day :)

Can't wait to see what you come back with! :happy: This is looking outrageously awesome!

I'll detail below, what I got :)

WOW! what a great tank! my angler tank is going to be very similar. :)

Thanks, Jacob!!!!! You're angler will love it :)

Gena, could you tell me the best way to post pics? Do you move them from photobucket or what?

I saw they explained it really well on Felicia's thread. I do exactly how they described it. The img code is available below the picture you upload on photobucket. I have found this to be the best way :)

Alrighty....so yesterday was somewhat successful. The LFS did not get my fish..bummer. He said they were just being delivered as he was leaving and they didn't look the greatest so he passed on them (which I'm glad about). He said next week he should be able to get them. They also had no sexies. But....he was able to get me more maxis!!!!!! He picked up 5 or 6. I bought two. One is a baby pink shade with green and the other looks like a deep purple with green. They are still settling in so no photos of them yet. They are big ones too. So, all together I now have 6 maxis.

I also was able to sell one Kenya tree on CL today...woot! Love that :)

Plants are really starting to take off now. My Dragon's Tongue from Brad is really blossoming. The growth and color in the last couple of days has been nothing short of amazing. I think it's liking the iron I'm dosing. One thing I'm doing differently with this tank is not using distilled for my saltwater changes. I've decided to save money and go with the .30/gallon water machine outside the supermarket. It tests at 8 TDS. And the nitrate is 5-10. I figure the plants won't mind ;)

I have a couple more algaes that should be here next week that I'm really excited about. I think that's it for updates. Oh...and TGIF :) Mother's day weekend...woohoo :lol:

Ok first off, how did I totally miss the existence of this thread for the last week?! Sorry for not posting sooner, Gena.

Everything is looking great, but that has come to be expected from your tanks ;)

I'm anxious to see the new maxis you got today!

MeanGreenEyes

OOooo...maxis...please post pichurs!! If you were a local reefer I'd completely befriend you just to rob you of those gorgeous macros...lol... :ninja::bowdown::P

Ok first off, how did I totally miss the existence of this thread for the last week?! Sorry for not posting sooner, Gena.

Everything is looking great, but that has come to be expected from your tanks ;)

I'm anxious to see the new maxis you got today!

Thanks, Felicia :happy: I'm still getting used to maintaining two threads so I'm not surprised you overlooked it :)

OOooo...maxis...please post pichurs!! If you were a local reefer I'd completely befriend you just to rob you of those gorgeous macros...lol... :ninja::bowdown::P

:lol:

Ok....I won't make you guys wait. I myself hate waiting for photos. They aren't opened all the way, but you can get an idea of what they look like. I think they will be pretty large when they fully settle in! They are the two right in front.

newmaxis.jpg

Archived