inTank Media Baskets

The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

Hopefully mine splits as well! then i won't need to shell out for a pal! I promised myself that my recent purchases would be the last for quite some time :).

Actually...I think mine fooled me. It looked like it split, but it's just so darn big half was on one side of a rock and half on the other!!!!!!! I hope it splits soon :lol:

Reminds me so much of my 10g Caribbean tank! let me know when ya trim some schtuffs :P

awesomeess.

You're right!!!!! That tank sure was a beauty!!!!! I'll let you know when I have some to share. It's going to be awhile though since the trimmings from this tank will go into my 28g tank. I have to fill that one up first :)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701

I don't know why it took me so long to find this thread, but it's yet another fantastic tank!

I've thought about getting some macros, but I think my urchin would eat them.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this thread, but it's yet another fantastic tank!

I've thought about getting some macros, but I think my urchin would eat them.

It's only been around a couple of months. I forget if it was March or April that it started. I think April!

You have to be careful with snails, hermits, and urchins for sure...with macroalgae. Dwarf ceriths and full-size ceriths as well as nerites don't bother the algae, from my experience.

Love the tank Gena!

Thank you very much :)

Once my new tank is ready for coral, I'll be moving the coral out of this tank and into that one. The big pink mushroom rock, the gorgonians all will make the move. I'm going to keep this one strictly a macroalgae and maxi mini anemones/sexy shrimp tank. It will be my algae grow out tank. The gorgs are starting to be covered by algae which is why I'm going to remove them. I need maximum space for strictly algae growth. I do have some zoas and cloves that have attached themselves and I won't be able to move them. There may be another stray coral as well..toadstool? They've fallen from the frag rack and I haven't found them yet. It will still be an interesting tank :)

I need more macros and gorgs! I love the NPS gorg I got from liveplants. You definitely need to snatch one up! It's gorgeous when it's got full PE! Every time I feed I want to take a pic!

• 4 weeks later...
Oh...right :) I want to sell my macros, but I want to give them a chance to get super big and bushy first. So I have some nice sizes to send out!!!!!!

This tank is beyond stunning! I'll be first in line when you're ready to sell off some!

I need more macros and gorgs! I love the NPS gorg I got from liveplants. You definitely need to snatch one up! It's gorgeous when it's got full PE! Every time I feed I want to take a pic!

WhereTH is banshee?????? I miss chatting with her!!!!!

This tank is beyond stunning! I'll be first in line when you're ready to sell off some!

You got it :) Thanks!!!!!!

Don't stone me guys.....I'm going to shut this tank down. As soon as I can move it all into the 28g tank, it's coming down. Think I could put these two clowns with my B/W ocellaris? Probably not, huh? I think it would be ok at first, but long term would be a disaster. Maybe I'll keep one of them and sell the other. They haven't paired up yet since they still "fight" with each other everyday. Neither one has claimed dominance.

I'm going to sell off the maxis and sexies. I will miss them :tears:

:( I want all of it! I wish I lived by you so I could inherit your maxis and sexies. sad to hear this tank is being taken down.
:( I want all of it! I wish I lived by you so I could inherit your maxis and sexies. sad to hear this tank is being taken down.

I'm really sad about it. But I need my kitchen counter back. I'm going to get granite countertops :D And I really don't have another convenient location for it. I can always reincarnate it later down the road, right???? I'm keeping everything but the maxis/sexies/ and clown(s).

One tank is so much easier to maintain than 2 or 3!!!!! ;) I may eventually hook it up to the big tank as a refugium, someday!

I have only one thing to say: soooo proper. Keep going!

Thanks :) Look for it's inhabitants in my 28g, eventually!!!!!!

Sorry to see this one go. :(

:(

I know!!!! At least there will be pictures to look back at. I wish I didn't set it up on my kitchen countertop. It has to move regardless, and would just be easier to transfer to the new tank. I'm all about the "easy".

nevermore1701

Damn, sorry to see it go. You know someday you'll just have a big 200g and you can have it set up in sections, each one with the contents of one of the little tanks you've had :D

altolamprologus

Sorry to hear this tank is going :( Are you going to keep all the macros and gorgs? If not, shoot me a PM :)

I'm going to sell off the maxis and sexies. I will miss them :tears:

I'm thinking the sexies wouldn't like the trip to Florida; otherwise, I'd be first in line B).

Damn, sorry to see it go. You know someday you'll just have a big 200g and you can have it set up in sections, each one with the contents of one of the little tanks you've had :D

Hah! I'll never have one THAT big :lol: But that's a great idea ;)

Sorry to hear this tank is going :( Are you going to keep all the macros and gorgs? If not, shoot me a PM :)

Thank you! I am going to keep them. They'll all transfer to the new tank. But they do grow a lot so I can always share at a later date ;)

I'm thinking the sexies wouldn't like the trip to Florida; otherwise, I'd be first in line B).

Probably not too much :) You aren't having trouble with yours picking on things? I hate to get rid of them. They are sooo interesting to watch. Maybe I'll take a chance and keep them!!!!! :scarry:

Probably not too much :) You aren't having trouble with yours picking on things? I hate to get rid of them. They are sooo interesting to watch. Maybe I'll take a chance and keep them!!!!! :scarry:

I did the first few days they were in the tank -- I think they were hungry. After a few days of being fed at least once a day, they stopped munching the duncan, and even after a 3-day weekend have not resumed their nibbling ways. I hope it stays that way!

I did the first few days they were in the tank -- I think they were hungry. After a few days of being fed at least once a day, they stopped munching the duncan, and even after a 3-day weekend have not resumed their nibbling ways. I hope it stays that way!

What are you feeding yours? Mine like to steal the bits of raw shrimp I feed to my yuma :lol:

What are you feeding yours? Mine like to steal the bits of raw shrimp I feed to my yuma :lol:

Yeah, mine, too! Just frozen brine shrimp, some general flake good, and new life spectrum pellets (1mm). Everyone gets a bit in the morning and a bit in the afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, mine, too! Just frozen brine shrimp, some general flake good, and new life spectrum pellets (1mm). Everyone gets a bit in the morning and a bit in the afternoon.

I ended up moving all the sexies into the 28g. So far so good fingerscrossed

This tank is now retired. All inhabitants have been transferred to my 28g. tank. I did not keep the maxi mini anemones. I replaced them with some rock flower anemones. Check the new digs out here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3990254

Archived